Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Strymon Big Sky reverb

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Fretwired said:
    Drew_fx said:
    My point had nothing to do with their expense - I don't care how expensive something is. If it does what I want, I buy it. But between a Zoom MS70CDR, a Line 6 M-9, an Eventide SPACE, a Hardwire Supernatural, or a Strymon Timeline or Big Sky.... I really don't think the differences are that drastic. High end can be tamed with the tone controls.

That's my view based on sound clips, reviews, personal experience, and some knowledge of DSP. Take it for what it is worth - which is exactly nothing, coz it is just an opinion, however ridiculous you think it is.

RE: the word 'exactly' ... if you can't tell flippancy from a serious comment, then I think perhaps communication isn't for you.
    @Drew_fx There's a reason Strymon and LIne 6 gear sounds similar .. the guys who started Strymon were all senior developers at Line 6.
    Aye I was aware of that.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hugbothugbot Frets: 1528
    I don't think strymon and line 6 sound similar at all.

I mean if they do, its because theres a hard limit on how different "plate sim delay" can reasonably sound.
  • hugbot;77499" said:
    I don't think strymon and line 6 sound similar at all.

I mean if they do, its because theres a hard limit on how different "plate sim delay" can reasonably sound.
    I think that's sorta the point. Why pay a few hundred quid for a model that's been pretty well perfected across the board?

• hugbothugbot Frets: 1528
    edited November 2013
    True, that's why I sold my strymon. For practical purposes I could gig with a boss pedal and not feel compelled to baby it.

I'm not gonna say there wasn't differences though. £250 can buy you a perfectly functional telecaster, vs a £1000 one which is definitely better, but ultimately they both sound like a tele.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    hugbot said:
    True, that's why I sold my strymon. For practical purposes I could gig with a boss pedal and not feel compelled to baby it.

I'm not gonna say there wasn't differences though. £250 can buy you a perfectly functional telecaster, vs a £1000 one which is definitely better, but ultimately they both sound like a tele.
    Did I ever tell you about the time when I was in Japan, and I tried out a Fender Custom shop strat? Fucking thing would not stay in tune at all, and was priced in the thousands. A Squier would've been WAY betterer.

Price isn't everything, and certainly no indicator of quality - just look at the recent Gibsons.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
    Yeah yeah yeah,

I still want it.

:-D 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    :)