J Collingridge - a full report in progress.

What's Hot

Comments

• HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22154
    He's currently sending me messages on Facebook, protesting his innocence.
    If he is innocent, then I will happily retract all allegations. 

One wonders why he keeps such an eye on this place despite his claims of innocence. JC, my first contact with you on Ebay involved you attempting to defraud me.  

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26615
    He's currently sending me messages on Facebook, protesting his innocence.
    If he is innocent, then I will happily retract all allegations. 

One wonders why he keeps such an eye on this place despite his claims of innocence. JC, my first contact with you on Ebay involved you attempting to defraud me.  

Indeed. I've just given him a chance - I said if he could convince me that all of his behaviour (on here and other forums) was a totally innocent coincidence, and I offered to post his argument here without editorial comment.

However, he's thus far refused to make such an argument, and he's asked that I don't post his comments here; not entirely sure of the legal standpoint there, so I'll refrain on that score.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    That's more than reasonable. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I thought so. He's still protesting his innocence, but won't make his argument because he doesn't think it's worth it. I suppose I can understand his logic there, but...it really was a genuine offer. Anyway, here's the last thing I sent him after he tried to "compromise" (which mainly involves me doing everything he wants), because I can't be bothered typing it out again and FB messages format wrong in here...

<space for hire>
    jcon.png 110.8K
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
    edited May 2017
    Lee, is it his position that he has never scammed anyone in his life and that every single allegation going back to the original 2015 frauds on this forum is untrue? 

Lee, is it his position that he has never scammed anyone in his life and that every single allegation going back to the original 2015 frauds on this forum is untrue? 
    Seems to be - in fact, his assertion seems to go all the way back to the very earliest ones we've found on other forums. He is, in his eyes, totally innocent. Thus far, though, he's declined to explain how it all occurred whenever I've asked him.

I'm fairly sure his wife admitted to me that he'd scammed people, but it was couched in such non-specific language that it probably wouldn't stand up in a legal sense.
    <space for hire>
  • GagarynGagaryn Frets: 1553
    He seems to put a lot of effort into this scamming game for relatively reward. After much consideration I have concluded that he is clearly crackers.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
    Gagaryn said:
    He seems to put a lot of effort into this scamming game for relatively reward. After much consideration I have concluded that he is clearly crackers.
    As we've discovered - lots of low-value (< £100) transactions increases the chance of being caught, but it means that the anti-fraud folk don't care.
    <space for hire>
    If the focus is kept on events within this forum/with forumites alone, his assertion is utterly preposterous. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27064
    Where's that psychopath thread gone... ;)

He seems utterly incapable of realising that people are onto him and that he can't just talk his way out of it. If he had half a brain he'd realise that continuing to trade & scam people involving music gear is a really stupid thing to do.

Do we know if he's been back on the photography angle as well? I'm still his only follower on flickr. He's not very good...
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    After filing the Item Not Received Report on May 6th, I received an email from the dubious seller. He claimed he'd been ill for a few days and asked if I wanted the item or a refund. The message arrived at 1.42am on May 8th, another element that is consistent with previous encounters. 

I replied that it was impossible for him to send me the item as he didn't own it. No reply. I sent a few more. No reply. Eventually May 14th arrived, I escalated the case bang on midnight last night, and Ebay refunded me instantly. 

Ebay have now removed that particular sale item from the listings along with every other item he has listed. As such, I and nobody else can leave negative feedback. I have no idea where the money comes from to give refunds. 

As such, the dodgy seller is free to simply sign up to Ebay and do it all again. 

Remember the old days of Ebay? When I joined in 2002, I recall having to arrange for Ebay to pay something into your account with a specific code that you then used to tie up your Ebay account to an active bank account. The move to mobile has made it easier to attempt to scam people. That's born out by the number of times I've bought something in the last three years and had to apply for my money back when the seller didn't deliver. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    @Heartfeltdawn you aren't out of pocket though, right?
    No. Fully refunded. Paid originally on the 3rd, refunded today on the 14th so Ebay are quicker in that regard. However that is down to the seller saying that he'd post within 1 business day of the item selling. Most of the dodgy ones give it maximum time and make you wait. That means you have to wait even longer before you can file the INR form. One scam last year took nearly four weeks from original date of payment before I was refunded. 

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    At least you got refunded =) I wonder if he will be back selling invisible items.......  
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30927
    I thought so. He's still protesting his innocence, but won't make his argument because he doesn't think it's worth it. I suppose I can understand his logic there, but...it really was a genuine offer. Anyway, here's the last thing I sent him after he tried to "compromise" (which mainly involves me doing everything he wants), because I can't be bothered typing it out again and FB messages format wrong in here...

So, let me get this right- paraphrased, he's a cunt?

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Gassage said:

So, let me get this right- paraphrased, he's a cunt?

"allegedly"
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Please .. whoever did this can you please spell invasion correctly .... ;-)

http://www.captiongenerator.com/507002/The-Invsasion-of-the-Fretboard#.WRiYY2vMDEE.facebook

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7802
    edited May 2017
    The way ebay does its business is somewhat baffling these days. They seem wide open to be victims if fraud.
  • capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    Ah the return of the architectural photographer always an amusing read. 

• GassageGassage Frets: 30927
    Fretwired said:
    Please .. whoever did this can you please spell invasion correctly .... ;-)

http://www.captiongenerator.com/507002/The-Invsasion-of-the-Fretboard#.WRiYY2vMDEE.facebook

Me. No reading glasses when I did it. Soz.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.