FX pedals...

What's Hot

Comments

• TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7803
    edited April 2015
    GavHaus's pedal board is so big ............ 
    Thread title edited, clearly called for...
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    DesVegas said:
    ..... it is time to get unsentimental about this and do the right thing

Get a bigger board?

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471

DesVegas said:
    that no explorer has yet been able to cross it...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    DesVegas said:
    That they just released an OS map for it
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471
    DesVegas said:
    That Gav had to get his legs surgically lengthened by approx 3 feet to reach one of his delay pedals. 

Human rights activists were up in arms because the donor leg came from a man who needed the money to feed his kids. In whats been called a the new "quick rich scheme" more men from struggling households are now offering up their legs for guitarists with big pedalboards, with some pedal companies, like Moog, offering pedal and leg extension package deals.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    DesVegas said:
    The price of copper will go through the roof if he ever decides to re-cable it.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    DesVegas said:
    The price of copper will go through the roof if he ever decides to re-cable it.
    Did you not notice how much the cost of Lava Cable shares went up recently?
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    I have seen said board in the flesh. 

Its not as big as you would think. It is a mighty sight and I felt a bit over whelmed with all the stuff to step on. 
    However Gav is not the tallest fella so it was quite amusing watching him carry it as it is almost as big as he is. 
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    DesVegas said:
     it is time to get unsentimental about this and do the right thing
    I have a wonderful track record for re-homing unloved pedals.. I'll take each pedal off you for the very reasonable cost of £20 per pedal, you know just to cover costs of paint touch ups, reapplying velcro, nice new 9v battery etc.. Once a year you will receive a Soundcloud clip just to let you know how your pedals are getting on in their new home..

Your pedals deserve the best care.. 
    I would also mention some one has a significantly larger board on here. 

I forget his name but it has 2 layers and a second board attached to it. 
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4548
    @teetonetal - great idea, however, how can you guarantee though that they won't be used for evil? And that no country and western music shall be piped through them, or that they are not surgically stuck to the side of rabbits in a similar way to this?

Damn you @DesVegas how did you see through my country and western mutant rabbit pedal plan so easily?
    Aha!! I'll tell you why, because if i had a pound for it every time it had happened to me over the years i'd be a very rich man ... 

Time to change the title of the thread again Jack : )
  • GavRichListGavRichList Frets: 7164
    Well this escalated whilst I was busy
    edited April 2015
    GavHaus;596026" said:
    Well this escalated whilst I was busy
    Yup and that'll teach you to leave threads unattended.., look what happens to it! Really you should be more responsible.

Anyhow title updated again to something nice and banal.

• HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22163

As for pedals, one of my most depenable pedals cost £35 and its irreplaceable. 
    I am going to upset @GavHaus and suggest that the M5 I just bought pretty much matches my empress superdelay in terms of quality and sound... 
    Pedalboard Club membership rescinded. Find your new forum membership here.

DesVegas said:
    That 100,000 barrels of oil have been discovered underneath it and America are very interested indeed in "freeing it" for its own safety
    DesVegas;596036" said:
    DesVegas said:

That 100,000 barrels of oil have been discovered underneath it and America are very interested indeed in "freeing it" for its own safety
    Wow I'd recommend installing some armadillos...

I am going to upset @GavHaus and suggest that the M5 I just bought pretty much matches my empress superdelay in terms of quality and sound... 
    dont I need a seven string to join?

honestly I know people will laugh but I am seriously impressed with the line 6 M5. 
    For £80 new I dont think it can be beat. It was my budget H9

dont I need a seven string to join?

honestly I know people will laugh but I am seriously impressed with the line 6 M5. 
    For £80 new I dont think it can be beat. It was my budget H9
    more so than the ZOOM CDR?