Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

The mysterious world of ThorpyFx

What's Hot

Comments

• ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6131
    tFB Trader
    Thanks guys, very much appreciated!
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    A New demo of the Muffroom cloud by Nick Jaffe of Just Nick music- very happy, enjoy
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Nice vid, is he going to do a Gunshot?
    View my trading feedback here: http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58681/
    tFB Trader
    MrSwanson said:
    Nice vid, is he going to do a Gunshot?
    Thanks, next day or two i believe
  • ElwoodElwood Frets: 454

A review of your pedals appeared on my feed today.
  • @ThorpyFX Is "Chappers" as annoying in real life as he appears to be on screen?
    tFB Trader
    Sorry to disappoint you but Chappers was really cool to chat with, as was Lee and Rabea. The thing is this.... he has 300,000 subscribers on youtube. Thats more than proguitarshop and most of the other big you tubers. He must be doing something right.......
    @ThorpyFX Is "Chappers" as annoying in real life as he appears to be on screen?t

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    A superb review of the GUNSHOT by Nick Jaffe of just nick music.... Enjoy.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GuitarMonkeyGuitarMonkey Frets: 1883
    edited October 2015
    ThorpyFX;793346" said:
    Chappers [...] has 300,000 subscribers on youtube. Thats more than proguitarshop and most of the other big you tubers.
    It's not just about raw numbers though, it's about how many of those people are potential buyers of your stuff.

I'd hazard a guess that this is more likely to be the mature audience of Pro Guitar Shop than the kids that watch Chappers?

That demo above sounds fantastic by the way!
    edited October 2015 tFB Trader
    ThorpyFX;793346" said:
    Chappers [...] has 300,000 subscribers on youtube. Thats more than proguitarshop and most of the other big you tubers.
    It's not just about raw numbers though, it's about how many of those people are potential buyers of your stuff.

I'd hazard a guess that this is more likely to be the mature audience of Pro Guitar Shop than the kids that watch Chappers?

That demo above sounds fantastic by the way!

Fair enough but Andertons have been really good to my company, they took a punt at a time when others wouldn't and they've given me exposure that otherwise may have taken years to generate. BTW proguitarshop are about to start stocking our products! very stoked
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10376
    tFB Trader
    Those overenthusiastic kids who are 'Chappers' followers are us a few years ago ... well quite a few for me ...and I would have moved heaven and earth to get the kit I lusted after at that age. If you have an eye on the long game for your business you win over the market that hopelessly lusts after gear as much as the tired old duffers with disposable incomes: it makes sense for five years down the line. 
    Never neglect a market ... it may surprise you. My pickups are popular with 'Metalhead' kids in Germany and Scandinavia, I would never have guessed it would be so ... but it is.
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    Those overenthusiastic kids who are 'Chappers' followers are us a few years ago ... well quite a few for me ...and I would have moved heaven and earth to get the kit I lusted after at that age. If you have an eye on the long game for your business you win over the market that hopelessly lusts after gear as much as the tired old duffers with disposable incomes: it makes sense for five years down the line. 
    Never neglect a market ... it may surprise you. My pickups are popular with 'Metalhead' kids in Germany and Scandinavia, I would never have guessed it would be so ... but it is.

And this is why we have done a spread of demos, different styles, different people and different demographics.... They say you can't please everyone, and it's probably true---- but I can try though..
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited October 2015 tFB Trader
    Well, the rumours have been flying but I can now officially announce that Proguitarshop in Portland are our official dealers in the USA. the Gunshot is showing on their website and the muffroom cloud is being uploaded too......

Exciting times:

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Congrats Adrian    :)       
    No Darling....I've had that ages.
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7802
    you know that looks awesome
    ThorpyFX said:

And this is why we have done a spread of demos, different styles, different people and different demographics.... They say you can't please everyone, and it's probably true---- but I can try though..
    It's also good not to dismiss marketing opportunities with narrow minded stereotyping. I always watch the Andertons videos and I've not been a kid for years... Lots of people like me, watch as many reviews as possible, regardless of what the perceived audience might be.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    A new video has just dropped for the muffroom cloud.....enjoy.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17606
    tFB Trader
    Superb well done Adrian!
  • Another very good demo.  Pedal sounds like it has quite a range of drive.
    No Darling....I've had that ages.
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11594
    tFB Trader
    I see that Andy at Pro Guitar Shop has an  Earvana nut on his LP

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

• Andy really is a very very tasteful player. That's a great demo.