What's Hot
13»

Comments

• SargeSarge Frets: 2428
    I love the mixed reactions, :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23036
    edited May 2015
    I remember first seeing one of these in early 80s with a Birmingham based band called Shy , who I really liked

Ah, you beat me to it!  Even now I'm always amused by the cheapness of that cover art, although they went much more upmarket later in their career.  

Congrats on the new Westone, it's cool in its own peculiar way!  Is the MMK45 pickup the same one Aria were using around that time?

Yeah the very same, pretty much a super distortion copy.
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11619
    tFB Trader
    I remember first seeing one of these in early 80s with a Birmingham based band called Shy , who I really liked

I remember them! Quick Google says the guitarist Steve died in 2011, which was the end of the band. Sad but quite amazed the band were still going up to then,

sad a bout Steve dying. I kind of knew him from all the early Shy gigs I used to go to. he was an an exceptional guitarist

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

• DaleftyDalefty Frets: 509

Anybody else notice that the guitarist is trying to pretend he is all cool and hard by pretending and acting like he is a lefty?

DaLefty
    Both dog and owner available for stud, please contact DaLefty if interested
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72542
    Philly_Q said:
    Congrats on the new Westone, it's cool in its own peculiar way!  Is the MMK45 pickup the same one Aria were using around that time?
    Very similar guitars, both made by Matsumoku as you probably know.

My ultimate 80s guitar was an Aria ZZ Deluxe in metallic pink with a custom 40s/50s American bomber art naked girl graphic on it that was in the window of a guitar shop in Ealing in around 1986. I might have bought it but my girlfriend disapproved! Very sadly I think it was later destroyed in a fire at the shop. I still have the girlfriend (now wife) though… make of that what you will :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    30 years with the same guitar or 30 years with the same woman, tough call!
    I know which one would give me less headaches :)