The cricket thread

What's Hot

Comments

• To be fair, the test played without Smith needed the combination of both a legend-making innings and a woeful umpiring decision to deny Australia.

Best team won it, its been fun to finally see some competitive test cricket and for those of us neutrals who don't care either way who wins also refreshing to see a touring side coming away on top. Home advantage has been too ridiculous for too long. 

It's been on the cards. Over the last couple of years, India won in Australia and Sri Lanka, England won in Sri Lanka, New Zealand beat Pakistan in the UAE.. there is a shift. India is still the ultimate fortress. 

All good points although I'm pretty sure Australia won the ODI series when touring India earlier this year (winning 3 of 5 matches).
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Any other Fretboarders going to be at the Oval for the final test? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • skippy76 said:
    Any other Fretboarders going to be at the Oval for the final test? 
    Might go along on the final day if it's still going. 

• skippy76 said:

All good points although I'm pretty sure Australia won the ODI series when touring India earlier this year (winning 3 of 5 matches).
    Absolutely. I was purely focusing on Test series though as I'm not too fussed about limited overs stuff. That series is interesting though when put through the prism of the toss decision as it was very up and down. 

• skippy76 said:

Absolutely. I was purely focusing on Test series though as I'm not too fussed about limited overs stuff. That series is interesting though when put through the prism of the toss decision as it was very up and down. 

Cool that makes absolute sense then. 
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11451
    Unchanged for the oval.  Hopefully Ed Smith goes with Bayliss.
  • crunchman said:
    Like I said earlier in the thread - Stokes hitting those winning runs in the third test has saved the England setup from making any kind of tough decision. Losing the Ashes in what should have been a humiliating fashion might actually have forced their hand. 
    crunchman said:
    Like I said earlier in the thread - Stokes hitting those winning runs in the third test has saved the England setup from making any kind of tough decision. Losing the Ashes in what should have been a humiliating fashion might actually have forced their hand. 

Not only that, but Roy might somehow scrape together an innings of 60 at the Oval, and make if difficult to drop him - especially if the Australian intensity drops.
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14267
    tFB Trader
    24 hours after not winning back The Ashes then time to reflect a touch

if we can make it 2 v 2 then far better than a 2v1 or 3v1 defeat - 2 all and we can somehow say we didn't loose the Ashes, we just didn't win them - A bit like losing on the away goals rule in the Champions League - 2 all and at least it gives me a touch of credibility when facing any Aussies I know 

With Stokes looking as though he will bat only, then surely Curran has to come in to ensure 5 bowlers, but for who - Option 1 is Stoke bats at 4 and no Roy - Or no Butler - Either way and Curran in at 7

• Rejoice cricket fans! There is something more idiotic than T100!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/49641037

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

• Rejoice cricket fans! There is something more idiotic than T100!

5-a-side Rugby? WTF?

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14267
    tFB Trader

Rejoice cricket fans! There is something more idiotic than T100!

and someone gets paid to dream up such ideas - And/Or committee members are elected so serve the greater good
  • and someone gets paid to dream up such ideas - And/Or committee members are elected so serve the greater good
    Someone gets paid and someone hopes to be able to sell the idea worldwide. This is one of the elements of The Hundred that really hasn't been discussed enough to my mind. It's there to sell as a concept to other countries and thus bring the ECB in some major moolah so it can start throwing its weight around like the Indians can do with the IPL in the bag. 

• chris78chris78 Frets: 9316
    skippy76 said:
    Any other Fretboarders going to be at the Oval for the final test? 
    I’ve got Saturday tickets. Was hoping we’d have something to play for, but still chuffed I’ve got them for the first time in years. Ashes tickets are impossible
  • All hail Sirs Boycott and Strauss apparently... Telegraph broke the embargo on the resignation peers list. 

All hail Sirs Boycott and Strauss apparently... Telegraph broke the embargo on the resignation peers list. 

Finally
  • All hail Sirs Boycott and Strauss apparently... Telegraph broke the embargo on the resignation peers list. 

Glad to see that being a convicted domestic abuser is no barrier to getting the highest honour the country can bestow. 

Oh. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    All hail Sirs Boycott and Strauss apparently... Telegraph broke the embargo on the resignation peers list. 

Glad to see that being a convicted domestic abuser is no barrier to getting the highest honour the country can bestow. 

Oh. 

From what I've read, that conviction was very dodgy.
  • camfcamf Frets: 1191
    What a ****ing moron.