The cricket thread

What's Hot

Comments

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33798
    400+ runs is going to be a challenge for us to achieve.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonic said:
    400+ runs is going to be a challenge for us to achieve.
    Aus will need more than just Smith & Labuschagne to fire to chase it down I reckon. 

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14264
    tFB Trader
    crunchman said:
    Could have a 350/360 run lead by the end of tonight - Time to get close to 500 by lunch tomorrow then 5 sessions to try and bowl them out - Maximise the next session with an old ball and a tiring attack

Could be a good time for Bairstow and Butler to come in and show why they were picked
    Likelihood of a 500 lead vs likelihood of a collapse?  My money is on the collapse.
    Normally 400 is fine - But they will be there or thereabouts tonight - 2 days for the Aussies with S Smith and 400 is achievable, if unlikely 
  • Sky commentary, just after the lunch break David Gower was caught saying “I haven't a fucking clue” before his mic was turned off as he handed over to the commentary box  =)
    A missed opportunity. 

If he had called England's star player an absolute cunt on air then the ECB would have given him the top job. 
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11299
    Gower's being put out to grass by Sky at the end of the series, I think they're the ones who don't have a fucking clue. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Cracking delivery from Broad. Harris's off stump goes cartwheeling out of the ground.

Chasing 399 Aussies are 18-1.

In comes Labuschagne. He's due a failure. 
    29-2, Warner caught in the slips off Broad. Don't you just love the traditions of an English summer?

Smith joins Labuschagne. If ine if these goes cheaply it could all be over by stumps. 
  • NorthernGooner said:
     I know Cricket can be a game of one chance but too many England's player are too inconsistent . Broad was dross today.  We keep re-discovering Curran and then drop him. Leach is a county dobber. He'd be a grade cricketer in Oz.... no more.  Life's too cosy with central contracts.  Since McGrath retired  the Ozzies have got four new quicks ....us?  fuck all. ,,,,,'and here's the 49 year old James Anderson  coming in to bowl from the Nursery end....'   :s 

This aged well. 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • That Harris dismissal: why on earth would you stand so deep in the crease? The ball's decently pitched up and the back foot is halfway back to the stumps with the weight on the back foot. 

So has the seam bowling on both sides really been that good or is it a case of some bloody awful techniques making the bowling look better than it has been? 

The bowling has been of Test standard, the batting (with a few exceptions) has been of county standard. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Did Bairstow just refer to Wade as "the shit-stirrer"? 
  • Young Sam Curran bowls well but needs some coaching with the bat and his field work. 

• RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13941
    edited September 2019
    Gritty century for gobby Wade, Aus need 160, if England can't get these last 4 wickets it may take the new ball to help them along

If they play until 6:30 to get the overs in can we still claim the extra half hour? 
    We'll never know...

=) 
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13941
    edited September 2019
    Match won, tinged with sadness as Aus retain the Ashes and it marks the end of the season as Autumn arrives and David Gower & Ian Botham not being retained by Sky so new faces due in the commentary box next England match. Trevor Bayliss moves on so England will have a new coach.

T20 finals day next Sunday then that's it for me until Boxing Day test.

tFB Trader
    At work all day today at a guitar show in Leeds, but still managed to get updates and the last 30 mins or so on R5 

Great result - Always sad to see an end of a series - Always makes me thinks summer is over when the test series ends

Maxwell has been great again on R5 with good support by Glenn and Mitch

Bit surprised Ben got our man of the series - Yes Headingley was awesome but I'd have gone for Broad - Without his partner in crime he has led the line so well in all matches

Feel sorry for Cummins not getting man of the series for the Aussies - had to be Smith, but Cummins was excellent throughout

Now need to do some work and maybe binge watch a good box set - No long matches for a while

Good summer - Thanks for the chat, banter and comments with FB guys over the last few months - Adios for now
  • At work all day today at a guitar show in Leeds, but still managed to get updates and the last 30 mins or so on R5 

Great result - Always sad to see an end of a series - Always makes me thinks summer is over when the test series ends

Bit surprised Ben got our man of the series - Yes Headingley was awesome but I'd have gone for Broad - Without his partner in crime he has led the line so well in all matches

Feel sorry for Cummins not getting man of the series for the Aussies - had to be Smith, but Cummins was excellent throughout

Now need to do some work and maybe binge watch a good box set - No long matches for a while

Good summer - Thanks for the chat, banter and comments with FB guys over the last few months - Adios for now
    cheers Mark, we have our own tFb Barmy Army on here. Back to the guitars for a while, will be posting on here again on Boxing Day for sure!

tFB Trader
    At work all day today at a guitar show in Leeds, but still managed to get updates and the last 30 mins or so on R5 

cheers Mark, we have our own tFb Barmy Army on here. Back to the guitars for a while, will be posting on here again on Boxing Day for sure!
    never thought of it that way - The FB Barmy Army

My daughter will be glad it has finished - I keep chanting where do we come from - Mighty Mighty England 
  • Nicely done done England, you deserved that win :)

I think a bit of fight went out of the aussie team after they secured the urn in the previous match, unfortunately.