The cricket thread

What's Hot

Comments

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14319
    tFB Trader
    Wow - Just seen the BBC news - I turned off the NZ v WI when Gayle was out, as other things to do - Thought it was all done and dusted - Looked a thriller - 

I still fancy NZ, India, Aus and England for the semi's
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • skippy76skippy76 Frets: 616
    @SouthpawMark cracking me up with that prediction :) 

I doubt we will see any more on screen crying from the Aussie boys, then again maybe tears of joy lifting the cup... ;)

Any way you look at it it’s going to be an awesome line up for the semi’s, India looking better than the rest at the moment though.

• SouthpawMarkSouthpawMark Frets: 620
    Jason Roy ruled out of match vs Aus. Oh well, there’s always 2023. 
  • sixstringsuppliessixstringsupplies Frets: 429
    tFB Trader
    I've cleared my schedule for tomorrow. Competely free day and beer. England to win, Vince to score 150+ and Archer to skittle Australia out for 200.

HA. Wishful thinking. 
    For Modders, Makers, Players

https://sixstringsupplies.co.uk/

Our YouTube Channel for handy "How-To" Wiring Tutorials
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13953
    I've cleared my schedule for tomorrow. Competely free day and beer. England to win, Vince to score 150+ and Archer to skittle Australia out for 200.

HA. Wishful thinking. 
    Me too, on hols in Kos but found a way to get TMS on the phone so will be listening ball by ball by the pool in baking heat!

• skippy76skippy76 Frets: 616
    To be fair you still have quite a bit of depth there, I reckon England will do all right. 

I'll still be there in my Aussie "Gold Top" (guitar forum, see what I did there ;) )
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11462
    skippy76 said:
    To be fair you still have quite a bit of depth there, I reckon England will do all right. 

I'll still be there in my Aussie "Gold Top" (guitar forum, see what I did there ;) )

That Aussie kit looks more like vomit yellow than gold.
    tFB Trader

HA. Wishful thinking. 
    Me too, on hols in Kos but found a way to get TMS on the phone so will be listening ball by ball by the pool in baking heat!
    I'm okay and watching 'till about 5.30 - Then going to Manchester to see Stray Cats, so 5 Live Extra on the way, then BBC web site via phone, till the end
    I fear England may not make the semis. 

• SouthpawMarkSouthpawMark Frets: 620
    Flying back to Blighty tomorrow. Rather inconvenient. 
    edited June 2019
    I'm nervous....on the rum and coke by the pool here in Kos (2 hours ahead of UK so it's only borderline alcoholism not blatant).

it's going to be a long day. England need the win. Fingers crossed for a big batting total from the openers or quick early wickets. C'mon you English, Irish & West Indian England boys! 

Oh and Moeen, your country is watching mate, you're playing cricket not chopping trees down so please use your loaf.

• scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11327
    Easy. Won the toss, put them in, bowl 'em our for under 100, knock the runs off at leisure.

Maybe not, after Archer's first ball. 
  • StuckfastStuckfast Frets: 2419
    Do we really have no alternative to bloody James Vince? Should've kept Woakes up the order and played Curran instead.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited June 2019
    Aus batting through the early danger overs getting away with it against some tight bowling. 

• earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3497
    Stuckfast said:
    Do we really have no alternative to bloody James Vince? Should've kept Woakes up the order and played Curran instead.
    I'd be more worried about Chris Gaffaney.  Against Windies, he put in a very biased umpiring performance with everything going the way of Australia.
    I think Morgan chose wrong a the toss, he should have batted. 71-0

tFB Trader
    Long way to go I know - But I said a while ago in this thread - Our bowling has little guile to it - We need to be more clever with it - Certainly more consistent and some mystery - India would have bowled better in these conditions than us - Ditto NZ - At this stage (71-0) you have to fear a 350 + target to chase
    Long way to go I know - But I said a while ago in this thread - Our bowling has little guile to it - We need to be more clever with it - Certainly more consistent and some mystery - India would have bowled better in these conditions than us - Ditto NZ - At this stage (71-0) you have to fear a 350 + target to chase
    Agreed, will be a mountain of a run chase and the Aussie bowling in the middle overs is relentless, I would suggest the game is already lost.

put a Duke ball in their hands and things should be very different in The Ashes.

Stats suggest that since 2015 ODIs at Lords are won by teams that get over 300 when batting first.

Aus on target to smash through 300

4 down, England battling back, Keep ‘em below 300 and we’ve a game on