The cricket thread

What's Hot

Comments

• scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11319
    There's a key to Moeen's form which hasn't been picked up yet.

More often than not when he has a shaved head he doesn't play well. Maybe it's cranial aerodynamics, maybe it affects his balance. Moeen + barnet = better player.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14308
    tFB Trader
    Roy's hamstring issue worries me - Such issues never repair over night - cold morning and some damp and it can easily go again if it has not had time to 'heal' - Patching him up for the world cup is one thing but IMO he will be or should be in the Ashes team as well - Will no more soon
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13946
    edited June 2019
    Australia v Sri Lanka. Sl 179-2 with just over 20 overs to go but being choked for runs, this is the strength of the Aussie bowling, in the middle period, piling the pressure on the batsmen, it's impressive. SL only get 17 runs from last 4 overs. It's not just about wickets.

• sixstringsuppliessixstringsupplies Frets: 429
    tFB Trader
    If Sri Lanka can win this it will really light the WC up and make the race for semi final spots very interesting....got a feeling they won't though. Here's hoping they do!

Can't wait for tomorrows game but the rain will ruin it no doubt
    For Modders, Makers, Players

https://sixstringsupplies.co.uk/

Our YouTube Channel for handy "How-To" Wiring Tutorials
    SL crash to 237-8, Aus have this.

If Sri Lanka can win this it will really light the WC up and make the race for semi final spots very interesting....got a feeling they won't though. Here's hoping they do!

It's going to be a cracker, weather is forecast fair at Old Trafford tomorrow, 20% chance of rain through he day

• SouthpawMarkSouthpawMark Frets: 620
    Shame. I thought the Sri Lankans had a chance against the cheats after that start. 
    tFB Trader

It's going to be a cracker, weather is forecast fair at Old Trafford tomorrow, 20% chance of rain through he day
    agree about India V Pakistan - looks as though it could be a great game for the neautral's

Was hoping SL would come through against Aus - To be fair to Aus they have had to battle  a few games - None have been a walk in the park
    tFB Trader
    I was hoping yesterday might have been the day India lost - There is a certain arrogance about Kohli I don't like - Fantastic cricketer, no two ways about that - But I'm not so sure he is a nice person - Got that impression after the India tour in 2018 - I don't think the whole team carry this arrogance but IMO Kohli does
    I was hoping yesterday might have been the day India lost - There is a certain arrogance about Kohli I don't like - Fantastic cricketer, no two ways about that - But I'm not so sure he is a nice person - Got that impression after the India tour in 2018 - I don't think the whole team carry this arrogance but IMO Kohli does

Arrogant or not they look hard to beat so far. Their middle period bowling is good too with the 2 spinners tempting batsmen into mistakes.

It was a shame the game wasn't closer yesterday, with the rain delay at the end it kind of just fizzled out.

This week sees the top teams play the lower order teams, is there will be a shock result in among them? England need to nail their 2 matches!

tFB Trader

Arrogant or not they look hard to beat so far. Their middle period bowling is good too with the 2 spinners tempting batsmen into mistakes.

It was a shame the game wasn't closer yesterday, with the rain delay at the end it kind of just fizzled out.

This week sees the top teams play the lower order teams, is there will be a shock result in among them? England need to nail their 2 matches!

agree about England - Don't want a NR either as 2 points not 1 required - This is a case to be said about a potential NR against India NZ or Aus, as 1 point might be better than 0 - Both next 2 matches and we need 2 wins

I didn't watch all the match yesterday but when India came out to bowl it looked a different pitch/set of conditions etc - Ball was moving of the seam

I've not seen enough yet of NZ

But still going for NZ Aus India + Eng for the semi's

Biggest disappointment, by far is SA
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11319
    Bloody hell. That was a brutal innings from Morgan. He belted the shit out of it.
    tFB Trader
    scrumhalf said:
    Bloody hell. That was a brutal innings from Morgan. He belted the shit out of it.
    most 6's in an innings by an individual batsman - Yes brutal - And just shy of 400
  • camfcamf Frets: 1191
    We've all had days like that. :)
    edited June 2019
    Got TMS working by the pool in Kos, just going to relax with some beers and listen to England v SL

• crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11462
    Got TMS working by the pool in Kos, just going to relax with some beers and listen to England v SL

At the current rate you will have to find something else to do this afternoon.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • skippy76skippy76 Frets: 616
    42 pages and I've only just seen this thread! Hopefully there has been plenty of sledging and sandpaper jokes...

Off to see Aus v Eng on Tuesday if anyone else is going?
    tFB Trader
    skippy76 said:
    42 pages and I've only just seen this thread! Hopefully there has been plenty of sledging and sandpaper jokes...

Off to see Aus v Eng on Tuesday if anyone else is going?
    Looking like our last 3 games will be against those that make the semi's 
    crunchman said:

At the current rate you will have to find something else to do this afternoon.
    Yep, England keeping Sri Lanka contained nicely, should be easy enough total to chase by the time SL are all out.