If you like your music to sound as if it's 1970 try.....album reviews in brief

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    Ginger Wildheart - 555% - Extensive and eclectic collection of utterly brilliant songs, hooks for days
    Manic Street Preachers - Generation Terrorists - There's too much of it, but lots of great tunes. Real attitude, before they calmed down.
    Jellyfish - Spilt Milk - This is what pop music SHOULD sound like.
    Protest The Hero - Volition - Their best work so far, amazingly skilful blend of hooks and head-spinning technical wizardry.
    Turbowolf - Two Hands - Even better than their superb debut. Psychedelic and weird but concise, memorable and superbly executed.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23113
    ^ @Bucket I think you missed half the thread title....

I thought the first half was an example. :D

Never mind, I stand by my words.
    edited May 2015
    Turbowolf - Two Hands - sounds like what they probably thought the future would sound like in the 70s. Awesome.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23113
    edited May 2015
    Bucket said:
    Turbowolf - Two Hands - sounds like what they probably thought the future would sound like in the 70s. Awesome.

In the '70s we thought the future would be like this:

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited May 2015
    It sounds like that. :D

Well I dunno... kind of retro/futuristic am I right? And the guitar tone/riffs are pretty 70s. Great tunes too.

Actually, I'll revise my wording - they sound like a 70s band trying to imagine what it would sound like if the world ended in 2015.
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4735
    Philly_Q said:
    Bucket said:

In the '70s we thought the future would be like this:

Some of us thought she would be a bit thinner though............
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ReverendReverend Frets: 5020
    Philly_Q;643393" said:
    Reverend said:

Witchcraft - s/t Sabbath, Tull, Wishbone Ash early PEntagramm and a nod TO Roky Eriksson

Circulus - The lick of the tip of... Sounds like Comus meets Rameses

Blood Ceremony - all of them. Coven/Black Widown influences but with added Sabbath

Stone Axe - these guys eat Rival Sons from breakfast.

Earthless - jam rock frenzy - like Santana's Soul Sacrifice performance from Woodstock on 11

That's more my kind of thing!

Not necessarily totally retro sounding but I've also been enjoying Ruby the Hatchet, Mount Salem, Siena Root, The Vintage Caravan, Blues Pills and Elder recently.
    Valkyrie have new album out. Not heard it but the last one was great.
    Horisont are killer.
    Jex Thoth are incredible live and really nice people.
    Mount Salen were supposed to tour with us and Pilgrim in the states last year but that didn't happen.