Villagers, Striking Matches and David Ford

robwrightrobwright Frets: 738
Just got back from seeing David Ford at The Thekla - amazing songwriter and a brilliant and original show. Immense use of a looper and a plethora of weird and wonderful gadgets.

Saw Villagers at St Georges Hall, Bristol. Possibly the best live sound I have ever experienced!

Striking Matches at The Fleece, Bristol - incredible country duo - great gig, great guitarists and great album!

Just saying!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ellangusellangus Frets: 250
    Villagers?? Striking Matches?

I thought for a minute we were going after J.Con again :-D!

Along with many others, I got Scammed by J Collingridge 'Award Winning' Photographer. Full details about his behaviour on this and other forums can be found on this thread. If you have been Scammed by J Collingridge 'Award Winning' Photographer, let us know and even if you haven't, putting a similar message in your own signature will help us warn others.
  • koneguitaristkoneguitarist Frets: 4152
    Saw David Ford supporting Teddy Thompson a few years back, very good. Would like to have seen Striking Matches, play them on my show occasionally.
  • ArchtopDaveArchtopDave Frets: 1371
    edited May 2015
    I've got a ticket to see Striking Matches later this year. They're doing a gig at the Sage - a place I love because it books a huge variety of  music acts. i had a look at some Striking Matches videos on the 'net (having never heard of them) and thought they looked interesting.

They're doing quite a few dates in November round the country, and 3 dates in July according to their Tour Info.