Game of Thrones

What's Hot

Comments

• ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    Boobies :D
    Another great episode. Will be a long wait until the next one.
    Am I the only one who thinks it's got better since they ran out of books?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16735
    ennspek said:
    Boobies :D
    Another great episode. Will be a long wait until the next one.
    Am I the only one who thinks it's got better since they ran out of books?
    they have certainly taken the opportunity to give focus to the storyline.   It finally feels like its getting somewhere, and its getting there fast
  • Axe_meisterAxe_meister Frets: 4648
    So potentially Jon will be a dragon rider , Tyrion the third?
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    I need to watch it again, clearly I wasn't paying enough attention.
    My V key is broken
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • thumpingrugthumpingrug Frets: 2927
    I think i need to start at season 1 again.  It might fill a bit of time till season 7

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Very good indeed, I always love a good wildfire BOOM! Nicely played by Cersei, gotta love a real baddie.

Nice to see Arya's list getting shorter too.

Littlefinger needs to be watching his back now though for sire after that 'fess up to Sansa, was not a favourable look after the other Lords declared Jon King of the North. And Lady Mormont was just great.

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/13509116_10154285114388537_7785822879714903769_n.jpg?oh=61547dbd69317339fbd4b1ef4fa7de8e&oe=58005DF5

Gutted we have to wait until next year!
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
  • DLMDLM Frets: 2513
    jpttaylor said:
    Side note - what the hell happened to Gregor Clegane's face?!
    http://ci.memecdn.com/14/7251014.jpg
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    The actress who plays lady Mormont in one to watch. She will go far!
    SRich said:
    Now the yawning gap to series 7.
    Spare a thought for those of us fool enough to be waiting for the books!
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
    Thoroughly enjoyed that. In fact, potentially the best season yet.
  • english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5160
    Headphones;1128792" said:
    Presumably there's more than one Varys (or more than one face)...
    Maybe, but the show has always been a bit fast and loose about travel times between locations. The Greyjoys made bloody good time to Meereen...

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2417
    Superb finale - I was marking out like a 10 year old Justin Bieber fan when 'Arya' was serving the pie, knowing what was about to happen.

And FINALLY - R+L=J confirmed!!!!!!
    english_bob;1128366" said:
    stickyfiddle said:

It's got to be either Arya or Jamie to kill Cersei. Arya to finish her list, or Jamie because Cersei's gone one further than the mad King and actually started blowing up the city to stay in power.

Yep. I was slightly slow on the uptake, but she's basically done exactly what Aerys Targaryen was going to do that got him killed by Jaime. My money's on Jaime. 

Did the show do the whole valonqar part of Cersei's prophecy, or is that just in the books?
    Had to google that. I don't think so. IIRC the only property bit we've seen was that all her children would die.

OK, had a quick check myself. Looks like the show just has the part where all her children die before her (check) and a queen younger and more beautiful than her (Danaerys? Sansa? I'd have put money on Margaery until this week) will cast her down. 

The book has an extra part to the prophecy saying that Cersei would be killed by the valonqar, which is Valyrian for "little brother" or possibly "younger sibling". Cersei has always thought that it referred to Tyrion, which is partly why she hates him so much, but the tinfoil fanboy crowd have theorized that even though she and Jaime are twins, she was born first, which puts him in the running.
    It's not specifically her little brother either, and possibly not gender specific, so it could be any younger sibling- any of the remaining Starks, Danaerys, The Hound, you name it. Jaime seems to be the favourite to do it, and I think the show's heading that way too.

• 10thumbs10thumbs Frets: 427

Finally Waldo Frey gets it , great scene , I won't be eating any pork pies for a while though .

Tommen's death scene was shock ,and Lady Mormont was excellent ( I believe she is only 10).

All in all a really good episode , setting things up nicely for next season , I can't believe we have to wait until next April ! :|

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27133
    stickyfiddle said:

It's got to be either Arya or Jamie to kill Cersei. Arya to finish her list, or Jamie because Cersei's gone one further than the mad King and actually started blowing up the city to stay in power.

Yep. I was slightly slow on the uptake, but she's basically done exactly what Aerys Targaryen was going to do that got him killed by Jaime. My money's on Jaime. 

Did the show do the whole valonqar part of Cersei's prophecy, or is that just in the books?
    Had to google that. I don't think so. IIRC the only property bit we've seen was that all her children would die.

OK, had a quick check myself. Looks like the show just has the part where all her children die before her (check) and a queen younger and more beautiful than her (Danaerys? Sansa? I'd have put money on Margaery until this week) will cast her down. 

The book has an extra part to the prophecy saying that Cersei would be killed by the valonqar, which is Valyrian for "little brother" or possibly "younger sibling". Cersei has always thought that it referred to Tyrion, which is partly why she hates him so much, but the tinfoil fanboy crowd have theorized that even though she and Jaime are twins, she was born first, which puts him in the running.
    It's not specifically her little brother either, and possibly not gender specific, so it could be any younger sibling- any of the remaining Starks, Danaerys, The Hound, you name it. Jaime seems to be the favourite to do it, and I think the show's heading that way too.

I think rather than doing it through the prophecy, they're hinting with Tyrion's description of how Jamie already killed the old king to save the city. The timing of that being in last week's episode can't be coincidence. Obviously it ties into telling us about the wildfire under KL in advance, but it's also a pretty major reveal about Jamie's past and characterisation, as he's moving more and more into a sympathetic character rather than the antagonist he began as in season 1.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    ALSO huge kudos to whoever did the score for this week's episode. Absolutely fantastic throughout.
    Anybody know of any decent tab for the theme tune for single acoustic guitar?
    Anybody know of any decent tab for the theme tune for single acoustic guitar?
    @DiscoStu did a great version a couple of years ago iirc.

I immediately thought of Reynholm when it happened:

https://i.imgur.com/UF1vQAB.gif

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    stickyfiddle said:

I think rather than doing it through the prophecy, they're hinting with Tyrion's description of how Jamie already killed the old king to save the city. The timing of that being in last week's episode can't be coincidence. Obviously it ties into telling us about the wildfire under KL in advance, but it's also a pretty major reveal about Jamie's past and characterisation, as he's moving more and more into a sympathetic character rather than the antagonist he began as in season 1.
    As I recall, Jaime told Brienne the same story back when they were at Harrenhal together, but it's a timely reminder- that was probably series 2 or 3. 

I do think it's going to be Jaime that kills her- his storyline in the books is quite different, but seems to be heading to a similar destination.