Game of Thrones

What's Hot

Comments

• TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2898
    Yeah the Ed Sheeran bit ruined an otherwise great episode for me. At least when Mastodon featured they weren't so gratuitous.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5503
    Sigur Ros' cameo was understated too. Ed Sheeran basically played Ed Sheeran, which was pretty lame. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6264
    I thought the first episode was dull. Certainly by GOT standards that was one of the worst episodes they've ever made. It was more like a precis of the last series. Opening scene was good, but hugely predictable, obviously Arya.

Jon asserts authority, winter is here

Cersi and Jamie debate threats, winter is here. He's obviously going to kill her at the end of the series

Danarys gets back to the old castle

It was bloated and slow.

Right, six more to go then, can we have some fights please?
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DLMDLM Frets: 2513
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    @DLM a proper wet blanket let down, after the last series, and all this wait. Tbh, fk all really happened. Hopefully it was a blip, otherwise this series will be overblown and without substance. It was as if they felt the need to do a bit catch up and remind everyone what was going on. Have they run thin on story? I think they could have condensed it into 20 minutes. All the scenes with Jon Snow were pretty much unnecessary. Right, so he's got them all behind him - didn't we know that?

Sam Tarly stuff - so what? Could have been done in one scene. All that shovelling shit stuff was padding.

I just kept thinking, get on with it FFS, move on.

That scene with Ed Sheeran - pointless. It was as if he'd paid to be in it, and they were forced to put a useless scene in. The acting of the whole soldier group was terrible too.
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12370
    Snap said:
    @DLM a proper wet blanket let down, after the last series, and all this wait. Tbh, fk all really happened. Hopefully it was a blip, otherwise this series will be overblown and without substance. It was as if they felt the need to do a bit catch up and remind everyone what was going on. Have they run thin on story? I think they could have condensed it into 20 minutes. All the scenes with Jon Snow were pretty much unnecessary. Right, so he's got them all behind him - didn't we know that?

Sam Tarly stuff - so what? Could have been done in one scene. All that shovelling shit stuff was padding.

I just kept thinking, get on with it FFS, move on.

That scene with Ed Sheeran - pointless. It was as if he'd paid to be in it, and they were forced to put a useless scene in. The acting of the whole soldier group was terrible too.
    Which was pretty surprising as Thomas Turgoose was in it and he's normally a very good actor. Perhaps Ed's pathetic acting put him off. Tbh it was an embarrassingly bad scene all round. Ed's song didn't even fit in with the style of the show. Never mind though, I hear  Kanye West is in next week's episode, swapping rhymes with Sam Tarley. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27007
    You're a right miserable lot! GoT has always been about politics as well as sword fights. The whole point is that you have to have all the setup for the fights to mean anything. Otherwise you might as well watch a Michael Bay movie.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 9reaction image Wisdom
  • ChuckManualChuckManual Frets: 692
    So potentially Jon will be a dragon rider , Tyrion the third?
    I don't think there will be a third actual rider.

When Brann first meets The Three Eyed Raven, he tells him he won't ever walk again ...but he will fly.

Brann will warg a dragon in the final battles with the White Walkers.

100%

(maybe)
    Not much of the gear, even less idea.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • ChuckManualChuckManual Frets: 692
    edited July 2017
    Also; Given that we've already seen a future throne room that's burnt to a cinder and covered in snow - How about an ending where Cersei fucks over humanity, sides with the White Walkers, helps them win and becomes the Night's Queen just to sit on the Iron Throne forever...  o 
    Not much of the gear, even less idea.
  • professorbenprofessorben Frets: 5105
    Agreed, it was a setting up episode, but could have been half a long. 

Now we have

Jon gathering his armies in the North

Cersie looking for allies in the Ironborn

Dany established at Dragonstone

Arya on her way to kings landing

The Hound and Brotherhood without Banners heading to the wall. 

Sam telling Jon there's a shitload of Dragonglass at Dragonstone

Bran reaches the Wall. 

Next 3 episodes expect more of the same as the pieces move closer to the first battle which will be Dany taking Kings Landing forcing Cersie and Jamie to flee the city and march their army north. 

We are not  going to see Dragon on WhiteWalker action till end of next season. 

" Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
    You're a right miserable lot! GoT has always been about politics as well as sword fights. The whole point is that you have to have all the setup for the fights to mean anything. Otherwise you might as well watch a Michael Bay movie.
    mate, they've got 7 episodes in total and they wasted at least half of one with exposition and overly long padded out scenes. By their standards it was weak. Really disappointing tbh. Even the politics was dull and obvious. It was (for the first time) as if they had to explain everything
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7422
    Miserable sods.

if all you care about ismplot progression read the Wikipedia entries once it's all finished 
    Red ones are better. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited July 2017
    boogieman said:
    Which was pretty surprising as Thomas Turgoose was in it and he's normally a very good actor.

Wow. Just add chicken to one-up "the ultimate family feast"!

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0987/4832/products/original_turducken_chicken_apple_bag.jpg

DLM said:
    boogieman said:
    Which was pretty surprising as Thomas Turgoose was in it and he's normally a very good actor.
    Wow. Just add chicken to one-up "the ultimate family feast"!
    Err, sorry, what? If that was a joke it just went straight over my head.  :/
    @boogieman Sorry, I forgot to post the image link I'd copied. It's in my post now.
    DLM said:
    @boogieman Sorry, I forgot to post the image link I'd copied. It's in my post now.
    Ah ok, gotcha  ;)
  • sinbaadisinbaadi Frets: 1303
    I liked it.  There's direction to it all.  This isn't Spartacus.  I'm glad that they don't feel that they need blood, gore, tits and whores to make an episode.
    That said, still a healthy death toll by most standards.

I find the Hound's storyline most interesting.  There is something to the God of light stuff which will surely play a part in the big battle.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    GoT has always had slow burning episodes, it why the epic ones are so good.
    Sheeran bit was a bit lame, even he looked slightly embarrassed.
    I thought it was fine although I was disappointed by the boobie count!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom