Game of Thrones

What's Hot

Comments

• BidleyBidley Frets: 2930
    @darthed1981 I assume that's aimed at least partially at me.

Please point me in the direction of the thread where I'm allowed to be critical of GoT :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Axe_meisterAxe_meister Frets: 4646
    I did shout you go girl at the end
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11792
    Bidley said:
    @darthed1981 I assume that's aimed at least partially at me.

Please point me in the direction of the thread where I'm allowed to be critical of GoT :)
    Sorry @bidley not even remotely aimed at you! :)

Aimed at the online videos, trends etc.

critcise all you like bud! :)
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24385
    edited April 2019
    I know there are a lot of people complaining that not everything is explained, but nothing is ever properly explained IRL.

Personally I am not a fan of over-explaining. Far better to leave some mystery. When the story is finished, why bother building in an epilogue that isn't needed.

Soylent Green was a great example - we have no idea what happened after the discovery was made. Did it go public? Was he murdered to keep him quiet? Who knows? It was a superb ending.

GoT is not made for 3 year olds who scream "why" 50 times a day.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11878
    I did shout you go girl at the end
    I went "Well done Ayra!"
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12397
    Despite me loving the episode I found myself berating people for their tactical mistakes. Missus munckee is still laughing at my disgust with the white walkers at their flunking their only job. 

Want it to win a war, don't employ white walkers or dothraki. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I'm pretty disappointed that so few named characters died. Supernatural nigh-on invincible folk with an exponentially growing and already massive army. Undone in 82 minutes.
    Just so people are aware. I have no idea what any of these words mean.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ColsCols Frets: 7028
    I assume that, at some point in the remaining episodes, we’ll find out what precisely the fucking point of Bran is?  Apart from to be a catalyst for other folk getting stabbed?
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2415
    TimmyO said:

Clegane-bowl 
    GET HYPE!
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4928
    I'm pretty disappointed that so few named characters died. Supernatural nigh-on invincible folk with an exponentially growing and already massive army. Undone in 82 minutes.
    I was surprised that the night king bloke was controlling all of them; I had thought there'd be more of his pals.

It also occurs to me that he could've raised the dead anywhere in the land, as the one they shipped down South in a box previously was pretty lively when let out on its chain; how come his powers reached that far?
  • Massive spoilers in this Youtube vid, so DO NOT click on it if you haven't seen the latest episode. Trae Crowder is a funny dude though so if you have watched it, enjoy :)

littlegreenman < My tunes here...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8794
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2168
    @prowla it does make you wonder what was the point of his generals or whatever they were? Horseman of the apocalypse? And why was he immune to dragon breath!!! Ahh! 
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2415
    DrJazzTap said:
    @prowla it does make you wonder what was the point of his generals or whatever they were? Horseman of the apocalypse? And why was he immune to dragon breath!!! Ahh! 
    Because he was a Targarayeareyieyen.
  • BeardyAndyBeardyAndy Frets: 716
    Well if nothing else the last episode exposed the failings of my TV, most of the battle beyond the castle was unwatchable!

Pretty certain it wasn't my stream speed, could've been the Roku i guess?
  • FortheloveofguitarFortheloveofguitar Frets: 4291
    edited May 2019
    I watched again last night with the brightness turned up. Looked just as bad as I then had banding

Oh well at least the next rumble should be in daylight 
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    We watched it in the dark and it was okay actually. I’ve seen some bbc dramas that have been more difficult to see what’s going on tbh
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24385
    prowla said:
    I'm pretty disappointed that so few named characters died. Supernatural nigh-on invincible folk with an exponentially growing and already massive army. Undone in 82 minutes.
    I was surprised that the night king bloke was controlling all of them; I had thought there'd be more of his pals.

It also occurs to me that he could've raised the dead anywhere in the land, as the one they shipped down South in a box previously was pretty lively when let out on its chain; how come his powers reached that far?
    I wondered about that.

I originally thought that once they were resurrected they would stay up - hence the distance being ok. But then they would not have collapsed when the NK was killed.

So he could have resurrected every dead creature where bones still exist and then swamped the world.
    Perhaps something with Bran prevented that?

Who knows?!? Not me!
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11931
    Are there many wildlings left north of the wall?
    If so, I assume they can now demolish the wall and JS can be King of the North, and DT can be Queen of the south

Is she pregnant yet btw? Surely she must be