Slipknot are a good band

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17648
    tFB Trader
    I saw Slipknot at a festival years ago. I thought they were fairly entertaining though one thing stood out. 

During their whole set the singer continually screamed at the crowd "GET UP", "GO CRAZY", "JUMP" etc and it was fairly rough up the front though not too bad. The next band that came on were Foo Fighters and DG spent most of the set saying "Everyone needs to calm down because someone is going to get seriously hurt" meanwhile the crowd went absolutely ballistic with clouds of steam and I was getting knocked all over the place. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DopesickDopesick Frets: 1510
    edited June 2015
    I saw Slipknot at a festival years ago. I thought they were fairly entertaining though one thing stood out. 

During their whole set the singer continually screamed at the crowd "GET UP", "GO CRAZY", "JUMP" etc and it was fairly rough up the front though not too bad. The next band that came on were Foo Fighters and DG spent most of the set saying "Everyone needs to calm down because someone is going to get seriously hurt" meanwhile the crowd went absolutely ballistic with clouds of steam and I was getting knocked all over the place. 

Foo Fighters straight after Slipknot? What terrible stage timing.

Sounds like a Download.

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17648
    tFB Trader
    Twas Leeds
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
    Got the first record on the day of release purely on the back of Ross Robinson describing them as a "Wolfpack of Beavis-es". That and a Kerrang sampler having a song on that I dug.

Yeah yeah, I was 16 or 17 at the time. 

Still, seen them live twice that I remember. First time they were very meh, the second they were polished and tight.  Very rare for me to listen to anything after that first record.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16298

Funnily enough I went and looked up the gig I went to in January on YouTube on the back of this Discussion and the thing that struck me that I'd forgotten was how much each song was peppered with instructions to the audience GO CRAZY, GO CRAZY MOTHERF*****S, etc, which gets on your tits after a while. Although, despite being a bit critical on here, I would say I still enjoyed it - had that energy that a good gig should. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • OctahedronOctahedron Frets: 400
    Drew_fx said:
    I'm sorry, I have to disagree. They're too angry. Too many angry people in an angry group making angry music about hate. It hurts. 
    http://www.quickmeme.com/img/4c/4cbf0ea7bd03682e6f540740159c63854114ff3c8c327a958e4f40d8040524d1.jpg
    I'm actually serious. Slipknot are still hanging around like a bad smell. Never been able to stomach them. 
    Music the great communicator, use two sticks to make it in the nature - a music reviews blog: http://usetwosticks.wordpress.com/
  • OctahedronOctahedron Frets: 400
    This just in... According to Classic Rock, old people don't like Slipknot.

See http://classicrock.teamrock.com/news/2015-06-10/slipknot-suffer-oldie-taste-test
    Music the great communicator, use two sticks to make it in the nature - a music reviews blog: http://usetwosticks.wordpress.com/