Line 6 Helix

What's Hot

Comments

• CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214
    I'm sure this is a simple thing but I can't see how to extend a serial route past the 8 on line 1? Also why would you want to take a delay or other effect out of the serial route and then back in at a different point? Sorry if these are daft questions.....
    I'm not entirely sure what you mean but I'll try
    You need to adjust the output block at the end to go to patch 2A as demonstrated in this video (actually just watch the video it covers most things! ) :)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7417
    On the subject of bags for Helix : 

I got the Novation 25 key gigbag. I can get in it the following:

• Helix
    • iPad
    • K&M iPad holder
    • Mic stand (the Airturn GoStand that collapses down smaller than a normal one) 
    • Boom for mic stand
    • Mic
    • Power cable
    • XLR cable
    • iPad connector kit

I'd say the level of padding of the bag was just 'ok' particularly on the corners but to be fair having seen the punishment they gave a Helix in testing (Line 6 videos) it's more the passersby and nearby walls and car doors that are in danger I suppose. 
    Red ones are better. 
  • firepaulmusicfirepaulmusic Frets: 363
    Is there a secret recipe for getting realistic overdrive tones direct to the PA with Helix? I've heard a lot about the IR's available but do they really make all the difference? I made what I thought sounded like a couple of great tones at home through a 1x10 active cab but when I tried them at sound check they sounded thin and buzzy. I have tried lowering the high cut on the cab controls...
  • horsehorse Frets: 1568
    Is there a secret recipe for getting realistic overdrive tones direct to the PA with Helix? I've heard a lot about the IR's available but do they really make all the difference? I made what I thought sounded like a couple of great tones at home through a 1x10 active cab but when I tried them at sound check they sounded thin and buzzy. I have tried lowering the high cut on the cab controls...
    I'm having a similar challenge with synth patches at the moment - programme them at home listening through a QSC K10 and headphones, but going through different big PAs live reveals all kinds of differences in tones, timbres and volume levels. Not sure how to do better than learn as I go really...
  • horsehorse Frets: 1568
    I'm having a similar challenge with synth patches at the moment - programme them at home listening through a QSC K10 and headphones, but going through different big PAs live reveals all kinds of differences in tones, timbres and volume levels. Not sure how to do better than learn as I go really...
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13941
    horse said:
    Did you leave your delay on slapback with 1 repeat? :-)

• CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214
    edited May 2017
    Scaling your sound up takes a bit of practise
    its all about the mid range
    This isn't  just a modeller issue but it's a bit less obvious with trad guitar amps as they are generally quite midrange voiced anyway
    When you are setting up a sound at home you generally have a reasonable amount of high and low end to make it pleasing so you get the classic smile shaped eq
    the problem is when you push the volume up those highs and lows need to stay roughly where they are and the rest of the signal has to come up
    otherwise you end up with massive boomy bass and a ton of high end fizz
    It gets even worse if you are in a band situation where all your highs are wiped out by the cymbals and all your lows are wiped out by the bass.
    The mids where the guitar lives are now too quiet so you push the volume up making he bass even boomier  and the highs even fizzier

I have separate EQ blocks for low and high volumes but essentially the high volume just pushes the midrange 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Helix now £1069
    Helix LT £799

i really wish they would put the prices back up to keep the riff raff out
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • markblackmarkblack Frets: 1591
    Why the price drop? (I'm not bothered, I got an ex-demo one for £899) but you'd be pissed if you bought one last week! For £1200
  • BGGBGG Frets: 689
    And the rack one £1069 saving £224 :O there's a £316 saving on the original Helix :open_mouth: 
    #thebatesmotelband
    horse said:
    Surely that's not 'the answer'?
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13941
    edited May 2017
    horse said:
    No. It was a cryptic reference to the fact that @horse double posted (see above). C'mon keep up. :-)

• Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2326

Ok, the prices, despite my happiness with my setup, are tempting....arghhhhh...

• Any here rocking the Novation back pack thingy for Helix? How's it holding up? At £30 it's really got me interested considering  how much cheaper it is than the Helix one
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Any here rocking the Novation back pack thingy for Helix? How's it holding up? At £30 it's really got me interested considering  how much cheaper it is than the Helix one
    It's an excellent bag. No complaints with mine at all.
    horse said:
    No. It was a cryptic reference to the fact that @horse double posted (see above). C'mon keep up. :-)
    Oh, sorry about that. My brain space is all taken up with Helix stuff at the moment :-)
    Drew_TNBD said:
    Any here rocking the Novation back pack thingy for Helix? How's it holding up? At £30 it's really got me interested considering  how much cheaper it is than the Helix one
    What is the model number of the back pack in question please chaps?
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Drew_TNBD said:
    What is the model number of the back pack in question please chaps?
    It's this one: https://www.thomann.de/gb/novation_impulse_soft_carry_case_25.htm?sid=1eb6145eecb9b0c4ba0298696f99f7d9
  • Drew_TNBD said:
    Sold!
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 1994

Anyone got experience of using a power amp with helix to power a standard cab on stage?

I'm weighing up the cost/benefits of the Harley Benton gpa400 vs Matrix GT series.

Any others I should be looking at?