Line 6 Helix

What's Hot

Comments

• FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2449
    FarleyUK said:
    FarleyUK said:
    Replacement unit and flight case arrived yesterday - all updated and ready for the festival today. Superb support from Line 6!
    How did you fix the Helix to the board? Also did you take out the spacer legs to drop it into the case further?
    Just used the velcro that came with the case :)

I took the base board out today, as I was planning on routing the wires underneath - but that would also involve drilling holes etc. in the board, so I gave up on it. Left the spacers in, as otherwise I think the fixing screws for the feet into the board would be too long.
    Sorry to sound daft but did you take the 5 little feet off the Helix or just put the Velcro on the bottom?
    No worries :) I took the feet off the bottom of the Helix, otherwise the velcro will not 'catch' correctly. Same with any other pedals I have in the flight case.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Drew_TNBD said:
    FarleyUK said:
    Clarky said:
    where's the best place to try one of these units??
    I live in Berks not far from Reading
    Hi mate,

I live in Wycombe - you're welcome to pop round and give mine a try if you fancy it - I'll even provide a cup of tea (or coffee!).
    What about a trip to Centre Parcs ? :)
    Steady on - I'm not THAT easy...
  • FarleyUK said:
    FarleyUK said:
    FarleyUK said:
    Replacement unit and flight case arrived yesterday - all updated and ready for the festival today. Superb support from Line 6!
    How did you fix the Helix to the board? Also did you take out the spacer legs to drop it into the case further?

I took the base board out today, as I was planning on routing the wires underneath - but that would also involve drilling holes etc. in the board, so I gave up on it. Left the spacers in, as otherwise I think the fixing screws for the feet into the board would be too long.
    Sorry to sound daft but did you take the 5 little feet off the Helix or just put the Velcro on the bottom?
    No worries :) I took the feet off the bottom of the Helix, otherwise the velcro will not 'catch' correctly. Same with any other pedals I have in the flight case.
    What about the two near the middle on the bottom, is it ok to remove them?
    FarleyUK said:
    FarleyUK said:
    FarleyUK said:

What about the two near the middle on the bottom, is it ok to remove them?
    Should be fine - I have removed all of the little rubber feet / washers off the bottom of mine, and it's not fallen apart (yet!).
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 1995
    I'm in Didcot, which isn't far from reading. But my work shifts are impossible at the moment so won't be around until mid august :P
    Clarky said:
    where's the best place to try one of these units??
    I live in Berks not far from Reading

• ClarkyClarky Frets: 3261
    I have a Helix sat in my studio right now [for a few weeks] courtesy of an extremely kind forumite..
    I'll not name him in case he wishes to remain anomalous.. lol..

if he wants to name himself that's cool…

for this I am hugely hugely grateful...
    play every note as if it were your first
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4212
    It's the best way tbh, cup of tea, hobnob, your own familiar guitar etc and then you can get a better impression of its capabilities
    And not have to worry about time/ rushing home
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 1014
    edited July 2017
    Clarky said:
    I have a Helix sat in my studio right now [for a few weeks] courtesy of an extremely kind forumite..

Cool, let us know how you get on with it

Oh and very nice of the lender...whoever that may be.
  • guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7965
    Clarky said:

That is mega cool. 

I'll be really interested to read your thoughts on the Helix once you've had some proper time with it 

sweepy said:
    It's the best way tbh, cup of tea, hobnob, your own familiar guitar etc and then you can get a better impression of its capabilities
    Madness.

Hobnobs cannot be consumed in singular form.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Too true, hobnobs are Royalty in the Comestible Community 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited July 2017
    Clarky said:

That is mega cool. 

I'll be really interested to read your thoughts on the Helix once you've had some proper time with it 
    given that I'm pretty experienced with multi-fx units [used them since 1990 I think: Roland GP-16]
    but a total noob with the Helix..

think it would it be of value if I created a thread that's a sort of diary / blog regarding my experiences with it??
    successes and failures etc
    Clarky said:
    Clarky said:

That is mega cool. 

given that I'm pretty experienced with multi-fx units [used them since 1990 I think: Roland GR-16]
    but a total noob with the Helix..

think it would it be of value if I created a thread that's a sort of diary / blog regarding my experiences with it??
    successes and failures etc
    Definitely.

• hubobuloushubobulous Frets: 2369
    Agreed. Would be an interesting read and probably an opportunity to understand how it might be used in a more complex way :-)
    I have the Helix Rack and the Axe`Fx, it is very interesting comparing and contrasting, thats for sure

ok guys… I'll start a thread..
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    Clarky said:
    ok guys… I'll start a thread..
    Great stuff :)
  • fnptfnpt Frets: 752
    I have the LT and one thing I miss is the mic input for my acoustic guitar. Is there a cable that can convert a xlr signal into a ts signal?
    ____
    "You don't know what you've got till the whole thing's gone. The days are dark and the road is long."
    A DI box will work fine, you can usually pick one up for @£20 s/h