Line 6 Helix

What's Hot

Comments

• Nice! Bloomin' lovely 355 too. B-)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Still think it looks fantastic and since I play bass as well the attraction of an all-in-one unit is really attractive.

I won't be spending £1000+ on gear any time soon but hope it's a huge success and drives cheaper technology.
    Looks like I'm getting my Stingray back soon - the Helix has been part of the justification! ;)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Stupid question. Can Helix load and use reverb IRs or is it for cab sims only? (I'm not sure if they need to be handled differently in software, or if they are the same thing)
  • The IRs are for cabs only. Reverb IRs are much longer than cab IRs.
  • lewisjenkinslewisjenkins Frets: 43
    edited October 2015
    I will get my Helix tomorrow from Thomann (Germany)! :)

Did your Helix arrive as expected?
  • GitarrenschlumpfGitarrenschlumpf Frets: 18
    edited October 2015
    Yes.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Yes.

So.... when do we get to read your review? :)
  • Yeah, this thread is 41 pages long and you're the first confirmed Helix owner! Was it worth the wait?
  • Yes, it was. It's a great unit. It's something between an Axe-FX and a Liquid Foot LF+. Great UI, well-sounding amps and fx, nothing like the Pod HD. I like it very much. The tuner is not so correct, but this is a software thing, I think. I'm playing Kemper vs. Helix right now.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • CirrusCirrus Frets: 8491
    Wait a minute... @Gitarrenschlumpf is a GERMAN!?!?!!?  :-O

;)
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Yes, I am.
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7802
    edited October 2015
    Gitarrenschlumpf;819648" said:
    Yes, I am.
    nice name... would be good for a pedal :)

• CirrusCirrus Frets: 8491
    That's great. I don't know why but I always get way too excited when people of different nationalities participate on forums.
  • I´m trying to copy a very well done Kemper profile of a Bogner XTC by using 2 different IRs. I´ve got an old Big Box Bundle by Red Wire I bought for an Axe-FX Ultra 5 years ago. Coming very near to the Kemper.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Feel free to post some clips once you're happy with the tweaking! :D
  • hywelghywelg Frets: 4303
    I'd be interested to know how the display performs in real life. These two pics from Line6 show the preset button labels very clearly. They show up really well with no interfering illumination from the backlighting. As one who has to wear glasses I need to have very clear labelling so I can see stuff at my feet (especially if I'm wearing my bifocals) so I appreciate someone, when they get theirs confirming that what I'm seeing in some of the demos is not actually the case. Will illustrate what I mean in the next post

• hywelghywelg Frets: 4303
    edited October 2015
    This video, (go to 2:45 and again at 6:16) shows a lot more backlighting and the labels are much more difficult to read. So have Line 6 mocked up the promo photos in Photoshop? Or is there something else going on?

• menamestommenamestom Frets: 4701
    There really is something to be said for just waiting until a product hits the shops and then going to try it out and seeing if you like it. It's not as if this won't be for sale everywhere.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6148
    tFB Trader
    hywelg said:
    This video, (go to 2:45 and again at 6:16) shows a lot more backlighting and the labels are much more difficult to read. So have Line 6 mocked up the promo photos in Photoshop? Or is there something else going on?

the promo photos probably use diffuse lighting which can look artificial as it doesn't cast shadows as much as direct lighting...
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • RMJ said:
    The latest 'artist' demo is pretty good.
    Matt knows tone :)>-