What are your favourite outros?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• NunogilbertoNunogilberto Frets: 1679
    The outro on the full length version of Chance by Big Country.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • xSkarloeyxSkarloey Frets: 2962
    edited June 2015
    Phil_aka_Pip;668288" said:
    Any of those Deep Purple tracks with a long fadeout where Ritchie Blackmore is going apeshit. You keep turning the wick up as they fade it so you don't miss any of Ritchie's magic. Applies especially to April, and Demon's Eye
    And perversely I'd also nominate 'Perfect Strangers' which is another one that mysteriously tails off over the horizon, introducing that curious keyboard refrain.

Talking of PG's Fleetwood Mac, how about Oh Well Pt 2, which (if memory serves) ends quite peacefully on a major chord, resolving all that tension built up during the track.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NunogilbertoNunogilberto Frets: 1679
    Oh, and Love Is The Law - great outro there.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
    Really dislike Clapton but that Layla outro gets another vote here.
    Nunogilberto;668349" said:
    Oh, and Love Is The Law - great outro there.
    This, this and this again.

:)
  • daveyhdaveyh Frets: 684
    I was going to say that
    Paul_C said:

• GassageGassage Frets: 30916
    FREEBIRD!

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• GassageGassage Frets: 30916
    Bird of Paradise too.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22834
    Gassage said:
    FREEBIRD!
    BOOGIE NO MORE!

• cruxiformcruxiform Frets: 2555
    edited June 2015

Love the piano at the end in contrast to the main song.
  • vizviz Frets: 10694
    Any of those Deep Purple tracks with a long fadeout where Ritchie Blackmore is going apeshit. You keep turning the wick up as they fade it so you don't miss any of Ritchie's magic. Applies especially to April, and Demon's Eye

Word
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • vizviz Frets: 10694
    edited June 2015
    Last 108 seconds of this fantastic work by Dream Theater. The whole song is part 7 of a set of pieces of different stages of troubled minds.

Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    edited June 2015
    Rain by the Beatles. Backwards guitar, backwards vocal, backwards drum fills by Ringo.

Tomorrow Never Knows- Lennon as 'preacher' sings off up to heaven and the whole thing is dragged back down to earth with a Goon Show inspired piano solo. Perfect.

What about Itchycoo Park by the Small Faces? Marriot singing his arse off.
  • dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    +1 for Rainbow's 'Stargazer' and Led Zeppelin's 'Tangerine'. 

I'd also add 'Symptom Of The Universe' by Black Sabbath and 'The Red Telephone' by Love.
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8706
    I like songs with proper endings, rather than fade-outs, or songs that ramble on and/or fall apart because no one knows where to go next.  IMHO a good ending can be short and sweet, like Teenage Kicks, which cycles quickly back to D. Then there are songs which leave suspended chords hanging in the air, for example Nik Kerskaw's Wouldn't It Be Good on Bsus2.  

I'm also partial to a bit of feedback, the kind where you turn towards the speaker cabinet to get the different harmonics. Great for ending the first set.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6905
    Skarloey;668347" said:
    [quote="Phil_aka_Pip;668288"]Any of those Deep Purple tracks with a long fadeout where Ritchie Blackmore is going apeshit. You keep turning the wick up as they fade it so you don't miss any of Ritchie's magic. Applies especially to April, and Demon's Eye
    And perversely I'd also nominate 'Perfect Strangers' which is another one that mysteriously tails off over the horizon, introducing that curious keyboard refrain.

Talking of PG's Fleetwood Mac, how about Oh Well Pt 2, which (if memory serves) ends quite peacefully on a major chord, resolving all that tension built up during the track. [/quote]

Good shout - Oh Well pt1 is a contender for best intro as well.

Previously known as stevebrum
  • DopesickDopesick Frets: 1508
    The outro to 'Plateau' by The Meat Puppets is just utterly sublime. I'd say it's top of my list.
  • SimonCSimonC Frets: 1399
    The outro solo on Ozzy's "Tonight" , with Randy Rhoads letting rip. I can never revisits twisting the volume up as it fades, just to hear more of it.