New section?

What's Hot
Just a thought, how about a new section for current guitar builds? We have the Harley Benton section for that challenge, so why not a generic ongoing project one. I rather like to dip into those sort of threads and it would be convenient to find them in the same place. 

Good idea?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33899
    Very good idea.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17855
    tFB Trader
    This section is already for that kind of thing so why not just create a thread?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33899
    If I understand correctly he wants a dedicated place for just build threads, that isn't congested up with other non-build threads, like advice/questions/general building stuff.
    tFB Trader
    Maybe the modding challenge board should be broadened for that aim.
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16915
    nah - the more sub boards you create the less people visit
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • PVO_DavePVO_Dave Frets: 2381
    WezV;683574" said:
    Agree.

If you can implement prefixes, that would be a good way to identify build threads within the section :)

tFB Trader
    PVO_Dave said:
    WezV;683574" said:
    Agree.

If you can implement prefixes, that would be a good way to identify build threads within the section :)

Absolutely, if you Balkanize a forum it dies on it's arse. 
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28353
    WezV said:
    I don't think that number of visits is the be-all-and-end-all. It's more of a historical documentation that others can chip into if they want to. I would definitely prefer such threads gathered in one place for ease of finding, but maybe that's just me.

Still, it's just a suggestion, if it's not popular then fine.
    I don't think the number of visits its the be-all-and-end-all either.   Although it already feels like I am talking to myself in my build thread which sometimes makes me wonder why I am bothering to post.

but lets put my ego and vanity to one side for a minute. I am not going to pretend i don't care if my posts never get read, if that was the case I wouldn't post anything at all.

there is a balance between having one massive free for all and lots of separate subforums, and for me that balance is all about the time each thread stays on the first page

The modding sections as it is seems to take 3 days for a thread to get bumped off the first page.  That means you can check in twice a week and be pretty sure you will see all the new posts on the first page.  compare that to the main guitar page or off topic and you need to be checking every day to see whats new on that first page 

the forum has already split the acoustic and bass from the main guitar forum.  The effect of this is that these boards are a lot slower, for me this means I rarely click on the links because the last few times I have clicked there was so little new stuff to look at. Look at the dates on the threads in the bass section.

For my viewing habits, there is probably some stuff I miss in those forums because i don't look at them very often.  its all stuff i would probably read without thinking in the main section 

the modding challenge was a sub forum I was actively involved in, but i probably havent looked at it in the last month 

• usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    Rather than you talking to yourself, Wez, I think it's more a case of talking to people sat open mouthed, and transfixed, like primary school kids at story time.
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• usedtobe;684055" said:
    Rather than you talking to yourself, Wez, I think it's more a case of talking to people sat open mouthed, and transfixed, like primary school kids at story time.
    Yup. I always visit but my comments are always the same - amazement.
    how about an alternative suggestion

A Gallery thread pinned at the top of making and modding.   When you complete a project you can add a post with a finished pic, or before and after shots, and a link to the build thread???
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • dchwhitedchwhite Frets: 182
    usedtobe;684055" said:
    Yup. I always visit but my comments are always the same - amazement.

Likewise. I don't often have anything constructive to say, so 'wow' instead.
    Stonevibe: 'The best things in life aren't things'.

Trading feedback: Previous (+18) and Current

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27858
    edited June 2015
    WezV said:
    how about an alternative suggestion

A Gallery thread pinned at the top of making and modding.   When you complete a project you can add a post with a finished pic, or before and after shots, and a link to the build thread???
    I like that idea.

[edit]
    This is how much I like that idea!
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    tFB Trader
    Yeah good idea!