SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WANTED: Vintage VS6 SG

Hiya

As per this thread, I'm looking for this specific model (early Vintage, pre-Wilkinson) VS6 SG copy - after much casting about, it HAS to be the model with the body-coloured headstock. The neck profile is different on everything else (even from the same era).

Please drop me a line if you know of (or spot) anything! :)

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• erky32erky32 Frets: 49
    good luck with yr search, ...I've got a later "wilkinson" black headstock version, bought it  about 4 yrs ago on ebay for £80 as a project, but when I got it I was so amazed at its performance & feel , I just kept it as a spare, but now I retrung it heavy, relieved the neck & use it for slide ...it works well!!
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8033
    :)

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

• Sincere apologies for the thread revival. I’ve an older Vintage VS6 in black that’s got to be from around 2004. Out of interest how can I tell if it’s pre Wilkinson or not?

I’m thinking of adding a Bigsby to it and just trying to research the guitar in more detail. 

Thanks
  • I think there's one on ebay currently... "Vintage VS6 SG Style Guitar - Cherry Mahogany" there's no Wilkinson branding on it and it's not the offset body shape, might be worth a punt.