Ever sold gear to somebody famous??

What's Hot

Comments

• tone1tone1 Frets: 5170
    I bought some guitar strings from Hugh Manson who builds guitars for Matt Belamy and John Paul Jones :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    No, but I may have shared a spliff with someone I can't name ...
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    No, but I may have shared a spliff with someone I can't name ...

After sharing a spliff I'm not surprised you can't name them....

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • johnonguitarjohnonguitar Frets: 1243
    DrJazzTap;720548" said:
    No music gear but I did sell dog food to the drummer of the manic Street preachers :p ....His missus came in afterwards and filed a complaint because somebody had asked for his autograph. After that, he stayed in the car and his wife came in on her own. Rock stars just want to buy pedigree chum in peace.
    That's hilarious. What a weird couple
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • DinosauriaDinosauria Frets: 67
    I sold a Japanese OTM Jaguar to Dan from Withered Hand. They're only now getting a bit better known.
  • xmrchixmrchi Frets: 2810
    I have paul sayers from the temperance movement, guitar and he has my Martin :-)
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28339
    sold a blues junior to gary moore but he didnt like it and returened so i still got the blues.......il get me coat.
    Lol denied as I CANNOT STAND people using the annoying coat phrase.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • xmrchixmrchi Frets: 2810
    edited July 2015
    You better get your coat then.
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5051
    I sold a Gibson Historic R4 to Paul Hart of Barrelhouse Blues fame but sadly he died a few weeks later. The guitar turned up a few months later on ebay from that twat seller in the southern counties somewhere who ADVERTISES ALL HIS GUITARS LIKE THIS!!! *** GOODWOOD ERA!!! RARE *** !!! and always overpriced but amazingly he seems to sell some and has positive feedback from people who IMHO paid well over the odds. Anyway, he was claiming the R4 had a Brazilian fretboard, which it definitely did not, and of course my message telling him that did not persuade him to change his fraudulent listing. I always wondered what happened to that guitar, I'd buy it back if the price was right.

Paul Hart was a fascinating guy who never seemed to get the fame he arguably deserved.

250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    axisus said:
    sold a blues junior to gary moore but he didnt like it and returened so i still got the blues.......il get me coat.
    Lol denied as I CANNOT STAND people using the annoying coat phrase.

Best you sit down then.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • johnonguitarjohnonguitar Frets: 1243
    mike_l;721558" said:
    axisus said:

midlifecrisis said:

sold a blues junior to gary moore but he didnt like it and returened so i still got the blues.......il get me coat.Lol denied as I CANNOT STAND people using the annoying coat phrase.

Best you sit down then.

In a cardigan
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    mike_l;721558" said:
    axisus said:

midlifecrisis said:

sold a blues junior to gary moore but he didnt like it and returened so i still got the blues.......il get me coat.Lol denied as I CANNOT STAND people using the annoying coat phrase.

Best you sit down then.

In a cardigan
    Cardigan? bit harsh on Axisus......

• ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6189
    tFB Trader
    I've sold a couple of pedals (including the Muffroom Cloud on preorder) to Dave Gregory of XTC and Tin Spirits fame.
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12667
    DG is a bit of a legend in my book, Thorpy. Nice one!
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• hubobuloushubobulous Frets: 2352
    Never sold to anyone famous, but bought my Bonamassa 335 off Pete Lincoln, (current vocalist of The Sweet).

Also bought a JS guitar from Satch

• Mr George Lynch has just made an offer for my vintage TS-808... he seems like a nice chap!
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • gibbygibby Frets: 50
    Sold my Marshall Super Bass Head 100W (1970's "Script"model) to Lemmy, way back in time(1990's);  Phil Campbell and Motorheads managers (Wayne??) came to the house to pick it up, in South Wales...sadly, never met Lemmy :/
  • StuckfastStuckfast Frets: 2416
    I have a Sunrise pickup that used to belong to one of the people in Portishead, and a synth that is ex Simple Minds.

I sold a microphone to Edwyn Collins once, too.
  • vizviz Frets: 10699
    Bought plenty - sold nothing!
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • viz said:
    Bought plenty - sold nothing!

Now that's the right attitude to gear.

It's for buying... not for selling.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom