The Rugby Union Thread

What's Hot

Comments

• rsvmarkrsvmark Frets: 1383
    Having watched the game last night, tbh I thought the score line flattered Wales. They were competent and won as expected but the 2 late tries are misleading imho. Scotland were surprisingly poor and Hogg utterly dropped the ball, oh wait he did. I expected them to really push Ireland.
    le crunch later.... will it be a spicy affair or a slug fest. I have a feeling it might be the latter
    An official Foo liked guitarist since 2024
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30932
    Greetings from Stade de France. Damp and grey here but  warm. (12-14 deg)

Spent yesterday watch the closed training session with 'Mrs' Gass (pictured)

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• Got to say reckon Hogg was sublime a few years ago but seems to have lost it a bit.  Trys too hard to make something happen.  However he's the least of SRUs problems!!!!
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11324
    Bloody hell, England are woeful so far. 
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15583
    they stopped playing. why did they stop playing?!?

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• exocetexocet Frets: 1963
    Have England fielded a pub team...or have they just been to the pub first?
  • Only two words are needed to explain what’s happened to France: Shaun Edwards. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • exocetexocet Frets: 1963
    edited February 2020
    Only two words are needed to explain what’s happened to France: Shaun Edwards. 
    Either that or Eddie Jones has actually fielded Liverpool FC.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • This is just plain embarrassing. England totally without a clue, and Furbank makes me look back fondly at the days of Daly being at the back.

Something's got to change, otherwise this is going to be an absolute drubbing.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited February 2020
    not that I'm biased here, but Exeter top of the PL, top English team to qualify for Europe, no players in starting lineup. Tigers, worst performing team in the PL (would be relegated if not for sarries), not in Europe, 4 players in starting lineup. Your pivot players at 9 and 10 are used to losing.

As I said, not biased though.,,

Youngs is past whatever passes for his best. We're slow, inaccurate and too blinkered.

This could be an embarrassment, and it's not got far to go to get there. 
    scrumhalf said:
    Youngs is past whatever passes for his best. We're slow, inaccurate and too blinkered.

I'm using Youngs passes to hard boil some eggs. 

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    VimFuego said:
    scrumhalf said:

I'm using Youngs passes to hard boil some eggs. 
    Possibly the only English eggs being chased... 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11462
    edited February 2020
    Second half was a bit less bad.  Same as last time both Vunipolas and Tuilagi were missing.  They just can't make any ground - except for Johnny May.

Need to get a bit of beef in there against Scotland.  I think they need a proper number 8, and put Lawes back in the second row.

Do we have any good young scrum halves?
  • crunchman said:
    Second half was a bit less bad.  Same as last time both Vunipolas and Tuilagi were missing.  They just can't make any ground - except for Johnny May.

Need to get a bit of beef in there against Scotland.  I think they need a proper number 8, and put Lawes back in the second row.

Do we have any good young scrum halves?
    pick a number 8 play curry in his best position.  its not like there arent excellent 8's.  Eddie is just a contrary twat when it comes to selection.  It did for him in the world cup and it did for him today.  On the one hand he dismisses premiership form then picks a naive full back clearly out of his depth.  A key skill for an 8 is control and coming off the base.  Curry could do neither. Simmons can, Dombrandt can.  In fact all no 8's can!!!
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2778
    Thought it was a fabulous game to watch, non stop.  At my age I don’t mind if England win or lose, I jus5 enjoy watching an exciting game, and this was miles better than both of yesterday’s 

well done France - it’s good for the game to have a good France

enough of this picking players out of position or on reputation. Lawes is a great player, but he's an average 6 at best. Lots of good 6's in the country, likewise 8's. Sinkler looks disinterested, not sure how many carries he made, but he seems to want to pass before he carries now. Youngs surely has to be dropped now, time to bring in some young 9's. Furbank did OK IMO, for a 1st match. It wasn't his fault the senior players choked.

• FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    England were pressurised by a better French team - they were beaten fair and square. The French defence was awesome and the final score flattered England. Two bits of solo brilliance from May. England then huffed and puffed and got nowhere close to the French line.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • VimFuego said:
    not that I'm biased here, but Exeter top of the PL, top English team to qualify for Europe, no players in starting lineup. Tigers, worst performing team in the PL (would be relegated if not for sarries), not in Europe, 4 players in starting lineup. Your pivot players at 9 and 10 are used to losing.

As I said, not biased though.,,
    What is it with rugby where they remain loyal to certain players instead of picking on form etc.
  • hywelghywelg Frets: 4303
    edited February 2020
    Only two words are needed to explain what’s happened to France: Shaun Edwards. 
    He did seem to give them the edge in defence. They all knew what they were doing and what they had to do. England will yet again rue the day they let him do his magic for another country