The Rugby Union Thread

What's Hot

Comments

• p90foolp90fool Frets: 31632
    Well the wooden spoon decider was as drab as ever this year, isn't there anyone in those two teams with a spark who can light it up, or even kick to the corners occasionally? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Why are Italy even in this tournament? They've gone backwards since they joined. When did they last win a Six Nations game? They even dragged Scotland down to their level. Utterly drab game.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15581
    looking very ominous in Cardiff right now, France are looking really good. 

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 1954
    Why are Italy even in this tournament? They've gone backwards since they joined. When did they last win a Six Nations game? They even dragged Scotland down to their level. Utterly drab game.
    They need to be kicked out - it's just a points difference match. I don't even bother to watch them anymore, even if they're playing England.
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2778
    Both games seem to be full of complaining all the time - very depressing trend - I thought Biggar and Adams in particular had got it out of their system and were concentrating on  being world class players, but it seems to be contagious,  scotland wer all complaining all game long 

• SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 1954
    France on form makes the tournament much more interesting - Imagine if Italy could win matches too. Every year would be great viewing.
  • droflufdrofluf Frets: 3730
    France are proving to be a very exciting team to watch
  • Wales defence is pretty poor, but I feel now tournament is over for us, we need to try some new players out. Let this young winger loose. George North is out and not in form for a couple of years. Not sure if Tompkins up to international rugby. And we miss Liam Williams and Jon Davies so much. 
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2778
    Tompkins might be worth persevering with - he seems to have something, in that he steps up and is always involved.  I think he is learning that 6 nations is a massive step up in consistency of performance, and the impact of a single mistake.  He has made a number of breaks now on his own, and been totally ragged by the defence.  But I like him.

I really hope North hasn’t had another concussion. I also hope he wasn’t feigning it because he took the winger out in the air - he had his feet on the ground.  He has been a wonderfully fabulous player for such a long time, and he really seems to be a nice person too.  I hope he hasn’t been hurt again, especially his brain. But it might be his time.  I really wish we could have seen him playing Centre at international level.  With JD present for so long it was easy to keep him on the wing but I would have loved to see Wales of the past 6 years or so playing open tubby with him at 13.

my favourite player Biggar needs to calm down, he is turning into a footballer again.  
  • Usual Welsh love in from the BBC............... Jiffy squeaking away for penalty tries etc.......
      No mention that AWJ and Biggar tried to ref the whole match. 80 minutes whining at the ref.
      Fisticuffs ignored and not mentioned at the end of the game. If this had been a team that played in white  it would have been open season on the BBC's HYS.     :o
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • kjdowdkjdowd Frets: 852
    AWJ again offering an object lesson in the perils of not taking your points...

good match though. 6N always much improved by a good French team. 

And - ref baiting aside - it is wonderful to see the transformation in Biggar as a player. He's gone from Mr Boring to one of the most ambitious fly halves in the game in a season. Wales need to play to that strength more. 

I'd love for England to have half his invention 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • exocetexocet Frets: 1963
    edited February 2020
    We were well beaten in that match. France had too much power and guile for us at key moments in the game. We had our chances, might even have managed to win had a couple of decisions and bounces gone the other way but that would have been a travesty.

I always thought that this would be a difficult tournament for Wales - injuries plus complete change in coaching team etc. Too soon to judge whether Tomkins has got what it takes. I like his attitude and think it worth while sticking with him for the rest this tournament but JD2 is sorely missed both in attack and defence.

I fear that this may be GNs last International season. He appeared to be knocked out cold again so surely for his own good, he needs to call it a day? 

• p90foolp90fool Frets: 31632
    Wales - France was a fair result, we were a bit outclassed by a country which has always had a lot of the best players but not the best team. 
    A great French team makes for a better tournament. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    edited February 2020
    currently, very happy to be proven wrong.

• RockerRocker Frets: 4987
    Looking good for England, looking bad for Ireland. Half time and only one side in it. 
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• tbmtbm Frets: 582
    England look so up for it. Defence is just awesome. Giving us no time. Murray having a shocker though. Slow and predictable. I did not think we’d win, but expected us to be in the game. 

Wonder with Farrell change anything at half time? 

Noise, randomness, ballistic uncertainty.
  • tbmtbm Frets: 582
     Convincing by England. Two soft tries conceded and Sexton leaving 7 points behind shouldn’t hide the fact that England were just much smarter today. Itoje was hilariously good. If Billy and Mako were playing it could have been hella grim. 

Good to see some younger Irish players make an impact. Doris was good. Kelleher too. Really saw evidence of a slightly green coaching team today. Jones schooled ‘em. We’ve had a few proper tonkings from England in the last two years now. Need to notch up a win.  

Noise, randomness, ballistic uncertainty.
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11324
    Owen Farrell - never knowingly under-argued.
  • exocetexocet Frets: 1963
    England were very good today, gave Ireland no time on the ball whatsoever. The first two tries were quite "soft" but were taken at times when England were in complete control.

Murray did look rather slow and predictable, has his time ended?