The Rugby Union Thread

What's Hot

Comments

• fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24680
    p90fool said:
    bertie said:
    he can't play #9  cos he doesnt know how to pass,  apart from that, Id agree

wont be long before he gets his own tartan
    I loved the Freudian slip in his post match interview, "It's the first hattrick I've scored for England".
    Quick… find his complete family tree…. Then lock him in a box for 3 years!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13574
    p90fool said:
    bertie said:

I loved the Freudian slip in his post match interview, "It's the first hattrick I've scored for England".

they'd still find an excuse not to pick him
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    bertie said:
    p90fool said:
    bertie said:

they'd still find an excuse not to pick him
    Either that or put him at 9 as you said!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I like your idea of trying Martin at 8 though.

Then we've got 3 proper jumpers and a heavier ball carrier. Earl can flank then.

I have to say, Underwood is not back to his old form but he is a lot better than I expected him to be. I am still worried about him from a head injury position though.

At the moment I'd want to try Earl, Martin, Chumley-Warner (WTF his name is???) on the back row to start with Mercer and Pearson on the bench.

But - for some reason these professional coaches never listen to me! :D 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Then we've got 3 proper jumpers and a heavier ball carrier. Earl can flank then.

that was my thinking,   

did you see how mobile Tuilagi was on Sunday ?  sidestep, and soft hands............. the poor Italian loose head with Antonio and him in front of him................. nigh on 1/3 of a ton !!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    bertie said:

that was my thinking,   

did you see how mobile Tuilagi was on Sunday ?  sidestep, and soft hands............. the poor Italian loose head with Antonio and him in front of him................. nigh on 1/3 of a ton !!
    No - I missed the game unfortunately. Had to do some work.
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31696
    bertie said:

I did. I think the crowd were just expecting big collisions from him, but he's actually a really nice rugby player. 
    p90fool said:
    bertie said:

I did. I think the crowd were just expecting big collisions from him, but he's actually a really nice rugby player. 

reckon he was more fleet of foot than his uncle !
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BlaendulaisBlaendulais Frets: 3325
    What a nice man Stuart Hogg is. 
    What a nice man Stuart Hogg is. 
    ?
  • ewalewal Frets: 2622
    Google Stuart Hogg arrest for more. Won't sully this thread with the story.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TJT1979TJT1979 Frets: 188
    Marcus Smith and Alex Mitchell available for England. Stick or twist???
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15644
    stolen from that other FB:

Andre Esterhuizen is to leave quins at the end of the season, the reason given is that if he stays any longer, he's in danger of being called up to the Scotland squad.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • koneguitaristkoneguitarist Frets: 4170
    How’s everybody feeling for this weekends internationals then. 
    Could we have three away wins? I’m certainly not confident of beating France and Scotland and Ireland should win well enough. Could be a lot on the line on final weekend, Wooden spoon, triple crown and Grand slam all to be decided. 
    Can anyone stop Ireland. 
  • ewalewal Frets: 2622
    I don't think anyone can stop Ireland - they're just too far ahead of the rest.

Slightly fearful for Scotland in Italy. This is a fixture Italy traditionally target, and it'd a very decent end to their championship if they could come away with something the next two weekends.
    I don't think anybody can stop Ireland to be honest. I think Eng have showed moments of promise (the first 20 mins against Scotland were error-strewn but really good, for example), but Ireland have the experience to pick us apart even if we play well. Marcus Smith and Alex Mitchell are available again - I doubt they'll change Ford but I wouldn't be at all surprised if Mitchell starts at 9. This could change things a bit. Who knows... everybody is writing Eng off completely so maybe they'll come out firing and surprise us.

Wales are improving but I can't see them beating France yet (even  considering France's current form). Having said that, France being France could implode and lose the next two. The players would then revolt, the coach will be sacked and they'll come back to restart the cycle again...

Italy are a good team and I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they won, although my head says that Scotland are a solid, planted team and will take the victory.
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15644
    I'd like to see some changes to England, bring in Pearson and start Cunningham South in the back row, Wabosi to get a start, drop care and bring in Spencer. Still think we'll lose, and lose royally, but it'll be more towards the team we want going forwards. 

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

VimFuego said:
    I'd like to see some changes to England, bring in Pearson and start Cunningham South in the back row, Wabosi to get a start, drop care and bring in Spencer. Still think we'll lose, and lose royally, but it'll be more towards the team we want going forwards. 
    Agreed, we've got nothing to lose at this point. Let's give the young 'uns some valuable experience. 
    Is Mitchell back?
    Is Mitchell back?

BBC sport yesterday

"Marcus Smith has returned to England's squad and is in contention to face Ireland in the Six Nations on Saturday.

Harlequins fly-half Smith, 25, is yet to feature in the tournament due to a calf injury.

Scrum-half Alex Mitchell is also available after a knee problem which ruled him out of the defeat by Scotland at Murrayfield."