SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sorted cheers! Lowden O--c model

What's Hot

Comments

• cowmoocowmoo Frets: 43

Drat, another one missed on that Irish site. C'mon someone must have one that isn't across the sea

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Having seen the prices being discussed here I looked at my O25 (that I hadn't played in a long time) and thought "Hmm, that could fund quite a lot of GAS". Then I picked it up and played it for a few minutes, and ... wow, no way will I ever sell this guitar!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Play it more!!
  • cowmoo said:
    Play it more!!
    You're right, of course. But too many guitars, not enough time - I'll stop browing Fretboard and go play it some more right now!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Cash waiting....seen a few go for less than 2k, ideally looking to spend 1800 but......
    .....for the right guitar and the right seller there's cash here now in notes
  • I have a gigged 012c that's an early 1990s one: spruce and mahogany with a fishman rare earth pickup that has an endpin jack so no unseemly holes anywhere... pristine the guitar is not - but its an honest gigged guitar in a lowden case, one owner apart from when it was loaned to a relative for a year.. both Dennis Greaves and Glenn Tilbrook (as well as a few other notables)  have played it as well as me.. I have not a clue how much it is worth I know how much I paid for it.. many years ago .. if youre interested then email me and |I can ping you a few pics... 

rgds Mike

• Ahhhh man!
    edited February 2016
    Was waiting to view one, but couldn't get time off work quick enough....think it's gone so....bump for a late model O--c
    edited February 2016
    There must be some out there that haven't been slapped around, scratched up or beaten instead of being played in the traditional sense surely?
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    ....or maybe not.....
  • well they are pro instruments, and a lot of people gig them, modern acoustics have very thin finishes - you only have to breath on them and they mark, also the timbers are very thin... so all in all theyre fragile, and gigging is a tough environment - I wore a Taylor out in 2 1/2  years.. rubbed the finish off and the frets were shot and I maybe did 150 gigs - though they were all longish 2-3 setters.. and Im not a heavy player and I don't use a pick.. the Lowden was 4 times tougher in terms of finish... as was the Martin 000 mahog.. though I had that customised with purfling, so the edge didn't get ragged... 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Still looking
  • You must nearly have enough saved for my 35 by now ;)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3431
    Does it need to be a -c? I might have a near mint '10 O23 for sale soon.
    Does it need to be a -c? I might have a near mint '10 O23 for sale soon.
    My heart is set on a c, but it all depends what you'll be asking for it I suppose!
    Been trying out possible replacements today and they all sounded sh*te, so it's staying for now :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Not Lowdens I hope!
    edited March 2016
    No...Collings, Moon, Martin and Taylor. Tried a Lowden S series too and it sounded like a slightly smaller O. It's the body size I don't like with the O but that's also the reason why they sound so good...

I did like the Collings OM, but too expensive for me really.
    Perfect o32c just up the road, but they won't haggle so the search is still on!!