Mattresses

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• AliGorieAliGorie Frets: 308
    Brize said:
    If you can afford it, buy Vi-Spring.
    yup, some big department stores do them if u can wait till sale time.
    I have had a 'bad back' for 30 yrs and sleeping on the wrong mattress -holidays / relatives can ruin the experience for me - I've been almost doubled over next day(s). Got a ViSpring in a sale few yrs ago and I haven't ever had a problem when I sleep at home.
    We do like our mattresses round here, is it a guitarist thing ? =)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24620
    I bought a memory foam Mattress 

Now it's trying to blackmail me.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    edited October 2016
    This is all I have to say about memory foam mattresses from personal experience they are total bolocks. Think about it.  Foam is easier than pocket springs to make.  It's a sweaty hell hole fungal of shite to sleep on and a marketeers dream, just don't buy them.  They are shit.

Backdoor Children Of The Sock
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5179
    Just bought a British made Harrisons pocket sprung 'Santorini' medium firmness. It's very good but cost £800 ish  :)
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 9671
    holnrew said:
    The trouble with a lot of modern mattresses is that they're single sided and you can't flip them.
    Unlike those 70s Norlin-era pancake mattresses.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11629
    tFB Trader
    Just bought a new Hypnos new Orthocare 10 mattress and it's proving to be a great replacement for the Sealy one I had for a number of years.
    It's worth getting a good mattress as it governs the quality of sleep you get.

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fields5069fields5069 Frets: 3826
    We have a nice John Lewis mattress. However, after the initial 6 months or so of diligently flipping and spinning it, we stopped and now it sags a bit. Just like me and the wife. :)
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28666
    that one seems like good value at £419 for a King Size. I was in John Lewis this avo trying a few out - how are you supposed to have any idea what it's like to actually sleep on the thing for months on end by lying on it for 5 minutes in a shop ?
    Quite a few manufacturers do a 100-day trial...
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30947
    Sambostar said:
    This is all I have to say about memory foam mattresses from personal experience they are total bolocks. Think about it.  Foam is easier than pocket springs to make.  It's a sweaty hell hole fungal of shite to sleep on and a marketeers dream, just don't buy them.  They are shit.

Not often I give Sambo a wiz but...

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• MrBumpMrBump Frets: 1244
    Just to update this - I went with a Simba mattress, combined with a John Ryan base. Superb. The mattress is fiving but supportive, the base does what it's meant to do. Foam isn't too hot, I'm having the best sleep I've had in years.
    Mark de Manbey

Trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/72424/
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7344
    If you buy Memory Foam and tend to toss n Turn a lot, then you can save on Gym membership, cos it takes an inordinate amount of effort to turn over on one as there is no 'push-back' from springs.
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    i bought the mattress king one, getting it up the stairs on my own was fun...i had to make an ingenious pulling strap for the top using an old spectraflex cable which worked beautifully.
    Very comfy, about twice as thick as the old one, definitely worth throwing £400 at