SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS - 2002 Fender Eric Clapton Strat parts £500

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• victorludorumvictorludorum Frets: 1017
    edited August 2017
    aord43 said:
    What kind of sound do those silver Lace Sensors have?  I am thinking of a replacement set for my old Squier.

They're supposed to be a thicker '70s sort of sound - think Ritchie Blackmore. I've never had a set, so i don't know if they do that or not. I use a Hot Gold which I like, but Lace Sensors aren't everyone's cup of tea as i'm sure you've read...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • aord43aord43 Frets: 287
    aord43 said:
    What kind of sound do those silver Lace Sensors have?  I am thinking of a replacement set for my old Squier.

They're supposed to be thicker '70s sort of sound - think Ritchie Blackmore. I've never had a set, so i don't know if they do that or not. I use a Hot Gold which I like, but Lace Sensors aren't everyone's cup of tea as i'm sure you've read...
    Thanks.  I guess if this is a former "Eric Clapton Strat" there must be some vague similarity with his type of tone. Even if it doesn't guarantee that I would play like him :)
  • bignormbignorm Frets: 191
    I'm interested in the lace pick ups... how much delivered?
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4928
    So - is this still available?

I'd like the body; it's really scruffy (a bit like me!) and it's got a cutout which is handy for experimenting...

You mentioned £50 in the OP?
  • JD50JD50 Frets: 659
    prowla said:

I'd like the body; it's really scruffy (a bit like me!) and it's got a cutout which is handy for experimenting...

I pm'd about this last week but have heard nothing back.... Is he still posting or on holiday? This threads been running for ages.
  • aord43aord43 Frets: 287
    JD50 said:
    prowla said:

I pm'd about this last week but have heard nothing back.... Is he still posting or on holiday? This threads been running for ages.
    I PM'd about the pickups about 2 weeks ago, I am suspecting holiday too.
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4928
    Seems like he's wandered elsewhere...

http://www.friday-ad.co.uk/hastings/leisure/fender-eric-claton-strat-parts-16434992/

(I'm spent up now, so I'm out.)
  • RoxRox Frets: 2147
    Can't tell from the Friday Ad listing, but is it a genuine Eric Claton?