Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Thomann again - sending out used goods as new. Second time it has happened to me!

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7961
    edited September 2015
    Update.

I have today received a sealed EMG KH20, great.

However once again they've inadequately packed the switch, and it is damaged even worse than the last time.  So I'm returning it for a refund and will purchase elsewhere.  It isn't worth trying to convince them their packaging policy is inadequate here.  Heavy item and fragile item together in oversized box with only those large air pocket things for cushioning (i.e. items are moving about freely in box) = likely damage, happened x2.

I'm sure someone will suggest EMG should package the switches in cardboard boxes, and I agree - however two other companies have managed to ship me EMG switches/pots with adequate protection so the shipper has to take some responsibility here for getting me the goods in working condition.

Pics...

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • It should be realised that what you are calling 'used' or 'second hand' is actually stock that has been returned under distance selling regulations. What they're guilty of is not checking the goods before re-dispatch. We all want the protection of being able to return items but there are people that abuse the privilege by trashing the packaging and abusing the goods.

I am fairly certain that Thommann don't pass off used for new. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • I get your point but abuse or no abuse Thomann were at fault.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • It's a problem I see every day. Countless shippers use a "one size fits all" box and these are inevitably the ones that get damaged. No matter what you think your parcel WILL be stacked and moved several times, if it's packed with air pocket strips it's more likely to move around in the box and end up unprotected. Tightly, solid packing is far better
    Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2359
    Wolfetone said:
    It should be realised that what you are calling 'used' or 'second hand' is actually stock that has been returned under distance selling regulations. What they're guilty of is not checking the goods before re-dispatch. We all want the protection of being able to return items but there are people that abuse the privilege by trashing the packaging and abusing the goods.

I am fairly certain that Thommann don't pass off used for new. 
    Maybe so, but but that's still Thomann's fault- if it's returned in dodgy, clearly used condition, charge the person who's taking the piss. All they're doing is passing forward the douchbaggery to someone else who doesn't deserve it. Which is not great, IMO.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Wolfetone said:
    What they're guilty of is not checking the goods before re-dispatch.

Which is not only their responsibility but the most basic part of the process.  If I ordered a pedal from them and asked to return it but instead put a brick in the box I would imagine they would pick up on it.  The lack of care for possible future purchasers is shocking,

Was there not a business member on hear recently (Rothko and Frost I think) who had pickups returned to them by a buyer trying to pull a fast one by returning cheap copies instead.  Had they not checked (which required more detail checking than these bits Thomann are sending out) some other poor sucker would have got them.  When you are a business the service and items you supply are how customer view you.  This is shoddy whatever way you cut it.

My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2359
    ^ Agreed.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Wolfetone said:
    What they're guilty of is not checking the goods before re-dispatch.

Which is not only their responsibility but the most basic part of the process.  If I ordered a pedal from them and asked to return it but instead put a brick in the box I would imagine they would pick up on it. 

What sort of brick are we talking?  Vintage?  Is it all original - or has it been refinished?
    3reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom