Atomic Amplifire - in stock

What's Hot

Comments

• FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    It models a few of my favourite amps .. I think I'll have a punt and buy one.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Having listened to the better quality recordings on sound cloud to my ears the tones sound better than the Heiix.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • One of the problems I've seen with the Helix is that often the actual amp tones are masked by the effects that have been used.  I'm still yet to see or hear some proper clips of the Helix amp tones only.  I think because the Amplifire's best feature is the amp tones, and also that the effects are relatively basic compared to the Helix, there are a lot of amp tones only out there.

I guess we'll start to get more of a picture of what the Helix can really do once people get hold of the unit and start putting out more clips. In the Amplifire's favour is the fact that it has been around for several months already and people have had a chance to get to grips with what it can do and are able to produce some good sounds with it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • 0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • The Friedman amps got added last week, both the BE and HBE sound great.  I personally prefer the BE, but both sound great.  I've been messing with this unit loads over the past couple of weeks and am still amazed at what it can do.  I still haven't really delved into third party IRs but the ones included and the ones that came with The Amp Factory presets give plenty of room for tweaking your sound.  From what I understand, the majority of the cabs within the unit come from Ownhammer anyway, so they are quality from the start.
  • mendelmendel Frets: 24
    Interesting that theyve modelled a Cornford. 'Kornfield'

Hope it's the MK50 and not the hellcat
    I A/B'd it yesterday to my MK50II (dirt channel, boost off), running both with the same IR (via Torpedo Live in case of the Cornford), and they sounded very very close indeed. I reckon the minor difference might be due to my amp having EL34s rather than 6L6s, which I suppose proves how that only makes a minor difference.
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    @GuitarZero - did you ever use the Studio Devil VST plugin, and if so how does it compare to the Amplifire do you think?

I remember trying the plugin a few years ago, and I don't recall thinking it was that special. Of course my memory could be playing tricks on me.

I'd be curious to try one of these out.
  • GuitarZeroGuitarZero Frets: 254
    edited October 2015

Personally, I didn't use it, so can't help there I'm afraid.  I'm not a big fan of the PC based VST stuff in general to be honest.  I've used Amplitube and Guitar Rig and thought both were ok, but definitely prefer the sounds I get from the Amplifire.  No idea where you are based, but you're welcome to come have a play if you are can get to the Gloucestershire area  :)
  • GuitarZero;821673" said:
    @Drew_fx

Personally, I didn't use it, so can't help there I'm afraid.  I'm not a big fan of the PC based VST stuff in general to be honest.  I've used Amplitube and Guitar Rig and thought both were ok, but definitely prefer the sounds I get from the Amplifire.  No idea where you are based, but you're welcome to come have a play if you are can get to the Gloucestershire area  :)
    I'd be really keen to have a play. I'm in Cheltenham :)
  • GuitarZero;821673" said:
    @Drew_fx

I'd be really keen to have a play. I'm in Cheltenham :)
    Check your PMs  ;)
  • I've ordered one but there's no tracking info on the site (though Atomic say there should be) so no idea how long it's going to take to arrive. It says it has shipped but no ETA. Bit annoying.

@guitarzero assuming you're in UK too how long after buying before you got yours? 
  • Took a couple of days.  They ship via FedEx.  I think you get the tracking info from Atomic and FedEx don't update things until they actually collect towards the end of the day.  I'll be surprised if you don't have it by Friday at the latest.
  • Thanks for the info. I think I actually missed my 72hr reservation window but was still able to purchase it. The site says 'shipped' but I haven't had any tracking details from Atomic, so not sure what the actual status is. I've emailed Atomic now to see if my order has been instated.
  • They are shipping from stock now anyway, so I don't think missing the deadline will be an issue.
  • Ah, great. In that case I could be here any day.
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6922
    Can anyone whos ordered from the states tell me what's the difference in total cost when delivered from the states vs Andertons (£469)?
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • GuitarZeroGuitarZero Frets: 254
    edited November 2015
    The EU units from the Atomic website don't come from the States, they are shipped from Ireland.  Mine cost basically the same price as Andertons are selling them for.

Demo vid from Andertons.  They don't do the unit justice to be honest (unsurprising) but it does sound better than it sounds on the video.  I run my through a powered PA speaker which I think is probably the best way to use it.

• John_PJohn_P Frets: 2750
    Good news that they are now so easily available,  all the videos I've seen look really in terms of the sound and simple to use.  I like the idea of sticking to good quality basic features - just a shame it only has 3 foot switches or I'd order one now. 
  • CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214
    Anybody got a midi foot controller going yet
    I tried to program the FCB1010 but the control change implementation is guff
    I might get an uno chip for it