Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

And now wampler have done it........

What's Hot

Comments

• capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    edited October 2015
    Good thread I will probably have to buy one now as I don't own a Klon of any description. Although a Timmy probably covers the same ground.

FairPlay to Brian for coming on here. He always seems like a stand up guy who makes great pedals.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7528
    edited October 2015
    TimmyO said:
    ThorpyFX said:
    dindude said:
    Phew, this pedal was definately needed. Everyone can relax now.

(In reality I think this is a symptom of seeing how successful JRAD have been with th Archer, they apparently sell shed loads of them, not to mention that the Ehx Soul Food was the best selling pedal of last year. Just good business sense then?).

I suppose alls fair in business, I'm just surprised wampler would do it.
    He started out nicking mods from other people's websites (right down to the images) and selling them in a pdf so I doubt he's averse to doing whatever creates the most money...
    This isn't true at all. Some schematics were used, but with permission unless they were in the PD. 

<edit - deleted - ah fuck it> 
    Red ones are better. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3420
    Welcome to the forum @WamplerPedals I like the podcast though must confess I miss Travis.
  • capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    Me too
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33821
    ThorpyFX said:
    I couldn't care less if wampler are doing a clone, I'm more surprised as he usually did some sort of mod/change etc spa. Straight clone seems out of character. I don't want to do a straight Klone- there is loads that can be done to taut circuit to improve it without cloning it 100%
    Well, here's the story though - many of our customers were asking us to make a straight up Klone type of circuit. I resisted doing it for a long time. The improvement was putting it in a super small box. If I put it in a larger box I would've added a bunch of switches and knobs and such.
    Welcome to the forum.

Will you be doing any Devi Ever clones?
    10reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7811
    edited October 2015
    Adam_MD;803229" said:
    Welcome to the forum @WamplerPedals I like the podcast though must confess I miss Travis.
    Much prefer no Travis.. just for balance.
  • octatonic said:
    ThorpyFX said:
    I couldn't care less if wampler are doing a clone, I'm more surprised as he usually did some sort of mod/change etc spa. Straight clone seems out of character. I don't want to do a straight Klone- there is loads that can be done to taut circuit to improve it without cloning it 100%
    Well, here's the story though - many of our customers were asking us to make a straight up Klone type of circuit. I resisted doing it for a long time. The improvement was putting it in a super small box. If I put it in a larger box I would've added a bunch of switches and knobs and such.
    Welcome to the forum.

If you do I know a good drama coach.
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
  • juansolojuansolo Frets: 1773
    Welcome Brian!
  • octatonic said:

1. Shit into a small enclosure.
    2. Throw in some taped up wires. 
    3. Spend roughly 100 hours working on social media promotion for every 1 minute of pedal building.
    4. ??
    5. PROFIT. 

6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27158
    He was one of the ones who shouted very loudly at JHS for his horsey clone..iirc which basically led to JHS stopping production of a very popular pedal... not impressed. Though my memory could he wrong about this.
    Nope, wasn't me, at least not that I recall. That was a bunch of the Tgp crowd.
    I have no idea who said what in this game, but just wanted to say "welcome!", assuming you are the real Wampler and not an internet-copy :)
    It's most definitely me, Brian. If you get bored, hop on periscope today, we'll be doing live video from the LA amp show. :)
    Awesome! Welcome :D
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • MossMoss Frets: 2409
    octatonic said:

1. Launch an unrealistic Kickstarter campaign
    2. Shit into a small enclosure.
    3. Throw in some taped up wires. 
    4. Spend roughly 100 hours working on social media promotion for every 1 minute of pedal building.
    5. ??
    6. PROFIT. 

Fixed
    Stop crying, start buying
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8539
    @wamplerpedals we is a bit British and cynical 'ere. Welcome tho, 'is a good lot.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • WamplerPedalsWamplerPedals Frets: 52
    edited October 2015
    ThorpyFX said:
    ThorpyFX said:

well that's the version I want to see you do! Welcome though, I hope you don't mind the intrigue!
    No worries :)
    yes, I think it'd be fun to do a "tumnus deluxe" with a ton of different knobs and switches. We'll see though... I want to do some other non-dirt type stuff for a little bit first ;)

Also, nope, I won't be doing a "Devi" clone. I wouldn't have done a Klone thing at all if we didn't get so many requests for it. Being a business, I simply *have* to listen to my customers. To not do so would be foolish.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 9reaction image Wisdom
    edited October 2015
    @wamplerpedals totally get a business is driven by customer demand... and sometimes you just have to do what will sell...

Out of interest when you are asked to do a circuit like this, is it less interesting for you than say building and marketing a pedal you have designed from the ground up. Or does releasing a popular pedal strike up a certain amount of pride regardless?

I often wondered that about the soul food, massive selling pedal but really its someone else's modified design. Yet ehx really are known (by and large) for innovation and that pedal, huge seller though it is, is a loose klone and really goes against the innovative reputation.

• @wamplerpedals totally get a business is driven by customer demand... and sometimes you just have to do what will sell...

Out of interest when you are asked to do a circuit like this, is it less interesting for you than say building and marketing a pedal you have designed from the ground up. Or does releasing a popular pedal strike up a certain amount of pride regardless?

I often wondered that about the soul food, massive selling pedal but really its someone else's modified design. Yet ehx really are known (by and large) for innovation and that pedal, huge seller though it is, is a loose klone and really goes against the innovative reputation.
    That's a really great question! This may sound silly, but to me the most satisfying part is when players simply tell us that they they get some form of enjoyment out of what we do, if the pedals we put out help them enjoy playing a bit more in some way. From an engineering perspective, yes I probably do enjoy it more when it's something that was designed from the ground up (so to speak), but what drives me is just when people get enjoyment out of the pedal we put out into the world. Sometimes that is something that's derived from an existing circuit (for example - I've had a ton of people ask for a big muff clone as well), but I love it just a little more when they like something that's unique (such as our "Velvet Fuzz"). Great question, I hadn't really thought about it that much before :)
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Hmm and that is probably a healthy way to look at... and I think I get it from a musicians pov too.

As a 2nd rate musician the absolute Highlight of my "career" was going to the Beautiful days festival in the UK in 2005 or 6.. Between acts they put on my then bands record and pockets of people were singing along.

That was so awesome... but most of my time it's been cover bands for me. It's still cool when people dance and sing along but it just lacks that little bit of extra magic.

But really it's what makes me perform seeing people have a good time because of my playing..
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9586
    edited October 2015
    @wamplerpedals

Brian, welcome aboard !

Yep, we can be a bit cynical on here, and like to pull down the establishment a bit maybe... it's our island mentality !

And, heaven forbid that you actually seek to make a profit as a business !! 

Nevertheless, most of us have gone back into our boxes now that a real Mr Wampler has appeared. You make great pedals Sir, so do keep on keepin' on...

Also, like you do on TGP, please always feel welcome to come on our lovely forum and enlighten us. It would be much appreciated, and we are a good bunch ! :)
  • Well this thread got cool. Fwiw the Dual Fusion is a great pedal!
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30301
    I never doubted your integrity for a second Mr. Wampler and I have always been an enthusiastic supporter of your fine work.
    On an unrelated matter, how much discount will you let me have on this new pedal?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Sassafras said:
    I never doubted your integrity for a second Mr. Wampler and I have always been an enthusiastic supporter of your fine work.
    On an unrelated matter, how much discount will you let me have on this new pedal?
    haha! :D