Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

And now wampler have done it........

What's Hot

Comments

• @wamplerpedals

Brian, welcome aboard !

Yep, we can be a bit cynical on here, and like to pull down the establishment a bit maybe... it's our island mentality !

And, heaven forbid that you actually seek to make a profit as a business !! 

Nevertheless, most of us have gone back into our boxes now that a real Mr Wampler has appeared. You make great pedals Sir, so do keep on keepin' on...

Also, like you do on TGP, please always feel welcome to come on our lovely forum and enlighten us. It would be much appreciated, and we are a good bunch ! :)
    No worries - I just wanted to clear up any misinformation ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4581
    G'day Dr Brian
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2169
    @wamplerpedals

Welcome aboard Brian! I enjoy watching the chasing tone podcasts as well.

You make some terrific sounding pedals and the klon/klone has intrigued me for some time. I've yet to try one out. I love the small foot print of the tumnus though :)
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7344
    edited October 2015
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

please don't take my fucking moron post as personal... I just hate mini pedals in general, which I make no secret of 

Welcome to the forum, we're a errr nice errr group ;)
  • So how many buffers does Tumnus have?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HalikusHalikus Frets: 59
    Just hope Walden media don't see this as they are extremely protective of their ip's.
  • EdGripEdGrip Frets: 736
    Teetonetal;803843" said:

As a 2nd rate musician the absolute Highlight of my "career" was going to the Beautiful days festival in the UK in 2005 or 6.. Between acts they put on my then bands record and pockets of people were singing along.
    I was there in '06, when Davey from the Crimea sat down in the mud in the middle of his little crowd and sang, and Killing Joke smashed it. What was the record?

• TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7811
    EdGrip said:
    Teetonetal;803843" said:

As a 2nd rate musician the absolute Highlight of my "career" was going to the Beautiful days festival in the UK in 2005 or 6.. Between acts they put on my then bands record and pockets of people were singing along.
    I was there in '06, when Davey from the Crimea sat down in the mud in the middle of his little crowd and sang, and Killing Joke smashed it. What was the record?

Was in a folk-punk band called Los Salvadores - we had an EP out, with a song called 50$ we'd been sending it out to fanzines, webistes, promoters etc, played a whole raft of gigs and it was a bit weird hearing it :) I vaguely remember Flogging Molly playing so I think it was 2005
  • Probably get posted in other places but the Wampler roughly wins this I think.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    Wasn't Tumnus a faun not a centaur?
    What's this? Have we a 'Four legs good, two legs bad' situation here?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33821
    Probably get posted in other places but the Wampler roughly wins this I think.
    The Wampler edges it for me too, in terms of how close they could set it to the gold Klon and it is less noisy than any of them.
    What is interesting is how close they all sound to one another.
    I could gig with any of those pedals, including the Soul Food.

I'm buying a Tumnus though.
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8540
    Yeah the Tumnus is pretty impressive there.
  • capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    Yeah another great video from that pair and some gr at sounding gear
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • The EHX does seem to be the one least like the others (although given the number of variables it's hard to really say) which isn't necessarily a bad thing it's just not quite a Klone.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6201
    tFB Trader
    I was really surprised how much more pleasing the Tumnus was than the others, seems like a really great klone. Nicely done mr wampler
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • Hmmm I want a Tumnus now after seeing that vid. Nice and small too.
    View my trading feedback here: http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58681/
  • strtdvstrtdv Frets: 2467
    There's definitely a market for this, given the prices of the originals.

The EHX soul food is a great pedal, and the sounds are great (although not quite the same), but I think a lot of people will be happy to have a small enclosure, well built version that is pricier than the EHX version but not nearly as expensive as the original.
    (I'd probably put myself in that category of people).

The UK and EU price is a bit on the higher side, but if I could get one for under £130 I'd be sold.
    Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE TASTE KITTENS!
  • If anyone is looking to buy the Tumnus, I strongly recommend buying factory direct from the states... Prices are less, and they ship quickly! Plus then Brian gets all the cash for his work! 
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5176
    Just checked 220USD (£149 roughly) Which includes shipping but probably import duty on top.... :)