Billy gibbons solo album out on Halloween!

What's Hot
Huge BFG fan here and just found out about it now... Prob old news but there's a teaser track up on classic rock.... https://classicrock.teamrock.com/news/2015-10-04/zz-top-s-gibbons-premieres-slim-harpo-cover Sounds like a bit of the ol Rythmeen,XXX tonez happenin... (His best ever imho). Hopefully so,e more retuned tele/esquire fuzziness :)
Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16324
    The other track that's been out a while has a more overt Cuban-jazz influence, but it's fun and that one is fun. I quite fancy the album now.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 16037

I heard its was tae be called DO THE FUNKY GIBBON......Hmm wonder if there is any truth in that......

do do do........

tae be or not tae be
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life
  • I bought this the other day. Not bad, not superb, very BFG.
  • Must check it out. When I get a chance.... Looking forward to it!
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life
  • On my Christmas list now for the kids to get. So, when I actually get novelty socks I'll be buying this in January. :o3
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Least ur feet will be dry walking to the shop!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hootsmon;812883" said:
    I heard its was tae be called DO THE FUNKY GIBBON......Hmm wonder if there is any truth in that......do do do........
    I'd certainly like to/tae hear it - gibbon half a chance.
  • It's quite simian to a lot of the ZZ stuff, but with a Latin beat. On spotify now... Nice to dance round the kitchen with the Mrs on sat night...
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4751
    It's BG meets Carlos Santana and plays RnB.
    Buy it.
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
  • I really wanted to get into this but I just can't quite get there! Something just seems to be missing...
    Music the great communicator, use two sticks to make it in the nature - a music reviews blog: http://usetwosticks.wordpress.com/
  • It has its moments but it's not an out and out classic.
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27841
    rlw said:
    It's BG meets Carlos Santana and plays RnB.
    Buy it.
    Yup.
    I really wanted to get into this but I just can't quite get there! Something just seems to be missing...
    I took a few listens to get over an initial disappointment, and it won't dislodge some of the ZZT albums from my favourites list, but I'm liking it more each listen.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4751
    I've found it to be one of those albums that you have to tap your foot too, at least. It's impossible not to.  I liked it from the off and it continues to grow on me, for what it is, not for what it might be like.
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
  • I'm definitely enjoying it... Kids love dancin to it too! On high rotation in the kitchen...
  • Good plan, I'll see if it gets the youth moving!