Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Are any of you holding on to a guitar, that you should probably move on?

What's Hot

Comments

• SargeSarge Frets: 2403
    Yep, about 6 Westones, a couple Washburn rs10v's and a few others if I'm honest.

I never was a collector until I discovered Mats guitars, and now like others have said here, I'd be hard pushed to find better for the price these would bring.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SargeSarge Frets: 2403
    DrJazzTap;820038" said:
    My Gibson SG standard, mainly holding on because I stupidly think it's worth more than the current market value. Might be a tiny case of attachment and knowing that for it's resale value I'd struggle to find something of an equal calibre.
    Ever tried a Westbury Standard? never played an SG that was better than a Standard.
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2168
    Sarge said:
    DrJazzTap;820038" said:
    My Gibson SG standard, mainly holding on because I stupidly think it's worth more than the current market value. Might be a tiny case of attachment and knowing that for it's resale value I'd struggle to find something of an equal calibre.
    Ever tried a Westbury Standard? never played an SG that was better than a Standard.
    I haven't mate, I've kind of moved away from the SG. It's aggressively midrangey and it was my guitar when i was into heavier music haha.
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9682
    Yup, my Pacifica 311H. Not a bad guitar by any means - just don't get on with it as much as with my other guitars.
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
  • PVO_DavePVO_Dave Frets: 2375
    F' it. Let's see if anyone is interested / how long before I get cold feet.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • PVO_Dave;820254" said:
    F' it. Let's see if anyone is interested / how long before I get cold feet.

http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/53236/feeler-ft-prs-sc245-in-jet-white-limited-edition
    My V100 is going up in the next week or so too.
  • cruxiformcruxiform Frets: 2556
    edited October 2015
    My Ibanez RG470. It's a fine guitar but I just don't play it much. For some reason though I can't part with it. My modded Squier VM Strat always seems to be my first choice when playing these days.
  • Would be gutted to sell the acoustic then decide later I should have kept it but yeah, just doesn't get played much. Maybe I'm not really an acoustic player! 
    thomasross20;820441" said:
    Would be gutted to sell the acoustic then decide later I should have kept it but yeah, just doesn't get played much. Maybe I'm not really an acoustic player! 
    I get that Thomas. In 30 years I've never owned an acoustic.

• cruxiform said:
    thomasross20;820441" said:
    Would be gutted to sell the acoustic then decide later I should have kept it but yeah, just doesn't get played much. Maybe I'm not really an acoustic player! 

Serious? 

I used to have a Little Martin and that was fun. Small, light action (so played like an electric), pick up and play thing. 

The Larrivee is a bit bigger. It sounds amazing when played with force but that means it's loud. Obviously harder to play than an electric. I've never gigged an acoustic and likely wont. BUT it's the best playing one I've had to date. Grr.
    edited October 2015
    thomasross20;820459" said:
    cruxiform said:

thomasross20;820441" said:Would be gutted to sell the acoustic then decide later I should have kept it but yeah, just doesn't get played much. Maybe I'm not really an acoustic player! 

Serious? 

Totally. I don't why, just never wanted one. Maybe one day...
  • I played my Larrivee this morning - wasn't so bad lol.. I go through so many cycles! 
    Just doing so much electric work of late. 
  • chris45chris45 Frets: 221
    I just moved on my Heritage 555 - had for 10 years and was one of the best guitars to play I have ever come across but a bit too large for me and not getting much use.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • johnswissjohnswiss Frets: 393
    I have two black es335s, quite different in feel and sound but both great. Still cant decide which to part with. And i'd like to shift another 10 guitars ideally but they're all lovely too. It's a shit business!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SkippedSkipped Frets: 2371
    Gru said:
    On just this board alone, there must be £000s worth of unplayed guitars!

One big WOW!

Do you guys do this with other items to or just guitar related.
    This is why people should post WTB ads. (The most under used resource on the forum).

A WTB ad is the nudge that turns a wonderful, possibly rare, possibly valuable, under used guitar into an available guitar.

• johnswiss said:
    I have two black es335s, quite different in feel and sound but both great. Still cant decide which to part with. And i'd like to shift another 10 guitars ideally but they're all lovely too. It's a shit business!
    +1

"Nobody needs more than 20 strats." Mike Landau
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8794
    Yep.  4 of 'em.  All up for grabs in the classifieds after I steeled my resolve this lunchtime :D
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • ellwoodellwood Frets: 1113
    Maybe. Possibly. 
    Or maybe not. 
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8794
    ellwood said:
    Maybe. Possibly. 
    Or maybe not. 
    You astonish me :D
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer