so what's everyone been working on ?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• cruxiformcruxiform Frets: 2557
    edited October 2015
    I've learnt Yngwie Malmsteen's Rising Force album note for note...

...actually that's a lie. I've done fuck all.
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • vizviz Frets: 10699
    ^ lol :))
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FuzzdogFuzzdog Frets: 839
    Mostly been noodling around on the nylon string this week and brushing up on that side of things - no idea why, it just looked neglected on the stand!
    -- Before you ask, no, I am in no way, shape or form related to Fuzzdog pedals, I was Fuzzdog before Fuzzdog were Fuzzdog.  Unless you want to give me free crap, then I'm related to whatever the hell you like! --
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    Playing a bit of acoustic while smoking is about all I've done this past 6 weeks. Nothing new learned, lots of old stuff forgot.

Has to be 2 months since I've played more than 15mins in one go
  • BarneyBarney Frets: 616
    i recorded this the other week....i managed to get through II V I in all 12 keys in less than a minute ....im trying to pick most notes cos its my picking im working on as well as the key changes i think it was about 220bpm ..will be doing minor II V I next week in all 12 keys plus same thing just using arps :)

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • carloscarlos Frets: 3451
    Barney said:
    i recorded this the other week....i managed to get through II V I in all 12 keys in less than a minute ....im trying to pick most notes cos its my picking im working on as well as the key changes i think it was about 220bpm ..will be doing minor II V I next week in all 12 keys plus same thing just using arps :)

That's pretty impressive. Do you have that track somewhere? I'd like to give it a go too.
  • shaunmshaunm Frets: 1598
    Believe me when I say whatever I have been working on is not as impressive as @Barney well played sir.

I have been trying to get my vibrato into gear and work on my phrasing over chords.
  • paradiddles... oh wait...
    https://www.gbmusic.co.uk/

PA Hire and Event Management
    carlos;834754" said:
    Barney said:

That's pretty impressive. Do you have that track somewhere? I'd like to give it a go too.
    its just of ireal pro....its loads of jazz stuff with backing and chord on screen....the one i used was what i downloaded off the forum ...its just moving through the cycle of 5ths....its a awesome practice tool though cos you can loop parts of tunes and speed or slow them down and alter key ect......iv been using it has a practise tool for a couple of months now ....
    Barney said:

Awesome!
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
    Barney said:

well played again sir.
    thanks for listening guys .. :)
    its more of a practice than anything but ...ireal pro is a really good practice tool...specially for jazz type stuff...and you can loop to get certain chord progs sorted and alter speed as you would a metronome to measure improvement on bpm

the picking is something iv always struggled with so its good practice for me ...mainly iv always used legato and hybrid ..
  • Flink_PoydFlink_Poyd Frets: 2490
    Being a newish player I've been solid pentatonic for a while, last lesson was soloing over a GnR Knockin on Heavens Door backing track which pushed me into the wonderful world of Phrygian. Minor Pentatonic E at the 12th fret, Phrygian at the 7th and G major at the 3rd has opened up a new world to me, plus playing up and down the fretboard makes me look like a "proper" guitarist
    Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....

Barney it's too fast for me to hear - are you in a certain scale for each ii, V and I? And which Is are they? Can't pick it up on my iphone. It's lovely playing.
    Ah you're going from the I major, to the ii minor - same chord, just minor, right? And cycling through. So what are the scales? Is it dorian, super locrian, ionian each time?
    viz;837582" said:
    Ah you're going from the I major, to the ii minor - same chord, just minor, right? And cycling through. So what are the scales? Is it dorian, super locrian, ionian each time?
    its just really minor ideas on the II ...then a lot of the time altered scale on the 5 then maj ideas on the one ...so its not just like a scale over it all although that does work but not as well i dont think as hearing them seperate.......im trying to think of each chord seperate..then each II V I is moving through the cycle of 5ths to give all 12 keys ....so in cmaj it would maybe be Dm line the G7 altred the C maj7 arp ....or something like that ..hope that makes sense :)

the next step is minor II V I for me ..all 12 keys again so m7b5 ..g7b9 ..m7 ..i could use similar things as on that vid but up a minor 3rd but i want to look at it all from the root so the theres no stuff to convert ..
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9684
    Nothing as impressive as most of the stuff above. Today I've been playing and noodling with Clapton's 'Let It Rain'.
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it