Audio Interfaces Redux

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• I quite agree. Perhaps it's better to say 'the sound quality of each device' rather than focusing on converters. In my tests the levels were all the same, the file playback was with the same software, and it was surprisingly easy to switch between each device. The level of detail with the ID22 and Crimson was superior to everything else I had to test and the overall sound was best out of those two devices. I'm certainly not knocking the KA6 which offers a lot for your money. 

I'm definitely no audiophile. Russ Andrews is the enemy, not something to love! :D 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    ecc83 said:
    I don't a lot of the "Audiophile Subjectivists" have ever quite recovered from the Great SoS Pre amp Test of a couple of years ago.
    What's that a reference to Dave?? Got a link?? Sounds interesting.
  • I think Dave's talking about this one - http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/dec12/articles/preamp-results.htm  Was a good article.
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
  • ecc83ecc83 Frets: 1638
    I quite agree. Perhaps it's better to say 'the sound quality of each device' rather than focusing on converters. In my tests the levels were all the same, the file playback was with the same software, and it was surprisingly easy to switch between each device. The level of detail with the ID22 and Crimson was superior to everything else I had to test and the overall sound was best out of those two devices. I'm certainly not knocking the KA6 which offers a lot for your money. 

I'm definitely no audiophile. Russ Andrews is the enemy, not something to love! :D 

No, I said "AudioPHILE" ! The term for the Russ Andrews folk is AudioPHOOL!

Dave.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_fx said:
    Hmmm.. I did think about Focusrite. Not sure what the latency side of things is like... must investigate.
    I have a saffire pro 40, which is ace, only downside is that it's firewire and firewire is getting harder and harder to find onlaptpos especially.

I can say ive had great aftersales support from focusrite after accidentally frying it though. 
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • My first soundcard... pretty sure I paid about £170 for that. 

Haha, me too, I remember how much of a revelation being able to plug stuff into the front panel was!
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • ecc83ecc83 Frets: 1638

"focusrite after accidentally frying it though. "

Yeah, that's the OTHER trouble with Firewire!

Dave.

• Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Roland Octa Capture on the way. Just to see if it is any better than my 2013 experience with the Studio Capture.