Watching the other bands

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Another thing that pisses me off is when your band mates are pussies, and they want to play their set and then leave straight afterwards. Then they'll happily complain about a lack of fanbase, lack of contacts, lack of success, and they'll hypocritically complain when other bands leave before your set as well.

Knob jockeys.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Jesus you lot are high maintenance!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FWIW I believe in being friendly with other bands and agree with Drew that yeah, it's brutal and the music scene here sucks compared to other places. To say don't gig because you can't stay until 2am to watch all the other bands is a bit harsh. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Nobody gives a sh!t so get over it
  • I leant somebody my new PRS at a gig once and they did a few songs. Mailed them after asking some things and got bugger all reply. There's a tiny, tiny dent on the body that wasn't there before but it's likely not related, but that coupled with the lack of common courtesy response.... well, I'm not going to be loaning out my expensive guitars to people from now on (unless it's somebody I know well who is trustworthy). Somebody is supposed to be coming along to one of our gigs in December and might want to play something. They'd better bring their own guitar...
    To say don't gig because you can't stay until 2am to watch all the other bands is a bit harsh. 
    Who said that? Most places the curfew is 11pm, so your argument is an invalid.
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
    Drew_fx said:
    Another thing that pisses me off is when your band mates are pussies, and they want to play their set and then leave straight afterwards. Then they'll happily complain about a lack of fanbase, lack of contacts, lack of success, and they'll hypocritically complain when other bands leave before your set as well.

Knob jockeys.

This!

In massive throbbing spades. 

In an unrelated story a dude I know has contacted me for a gig swap. They do two gigs up here and we do two down there. He wanted a guarantee on money for them, yet couldn't promise one for us. 

Nice guy, good band but I was in disbelief. 

The music scene is fucking tough, we don't even ask for petrol anymore. If we get it, it's a bonus.  We drove to High Wycombe and back to play an opening slot to the soundman, promoter, bar staff and one other band (who coincidentally were awesome). Got not one penny, we look it all as a boy's jolly jaunt nowadays that we're 30+ and nobody seems to give an anal fist fuck. 
  • Drew_fx;836302" said:
    thomasross20 said:

To say don't gig because you can't stay until 2am to watch all the other bands is a bit harsh. 

not in scotchland
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    Drew_fx;836302" said:
    thomasross20 said:

not in scotchland
    Ahhhhhh right.
  • Aye, can't say I do it for the money....!
    Sometimes I wonder why I do it at all - imagine what one could do with all the time poured into this!