Studio Recordings!

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• CatthanCatthan Frets: 357
    It's fine, just keep at it and pay a bit more attention to your parts individually the same way you worked out the gtr parts note for note (BRAVO).
    You know the songs now so do some work on details. 

Also, 
    -There's smth funny with the vox when they sing "loOng".. Not necessary imho
    -ACDC drums are not appreciated for the fills but the solid rhythm. You could suggest this to your drummer. Time ain't so bad and sync. will improve with time and gigs etc. Get him to appreciate that making the down beat is more important than fills. 
    -Your tone is OK, you'll learn much much more about what to do with it when you work on the tones for your album. It's a journey
    You'll generally need smth a bit more rootsy if that's the repertoire. You got 2 good gtrs, maybe you can swap one for a better amp. 
    -I'd ditch the verb and add some delay for solos; with discretion.. 
    -If anything is pushing it (like you shook me for the girls) or doesn't feel right, be brave and honest and don't do it. 
    I've had terrible time performing songs that I wasn't feeling or doing them justice (or didn't suit the band or the rest of the repertoire) which had been picked from a band-mate just out of self-indulgence.  Not nice.. 

If I were in the audience I'd have a great time.  
    Loved your vibrato
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I still need to listen to that Oasis track..

@Catthan - thanks for taking the time to listen and comment! Really appreciated. 
    --> I'm trying to get them to stick with our current song list (about 42 songs now) and refine each instead of learning even more. 

- Good point about the loOng - will listen to see what happens in the original. 
    - We're going to start cutting songs short in practice if there are drum (or other) problems and address them, even if people spit the dummy out. 
    - I honestly thought the amp sounded great - I really need to get out there and try some proper valve amps then.... (album is done through Toneport models so it'll be more about the music than the tone - hope it wont grate!)
    - We generally try to do songs that we all like. I tend to play any but the singers put more heart into the ones they enjoy - must rectify that as I want all songs to sound great. I'm not even into massive solos anymore so no self-indulgence from me - I'd much prefer to do a cool and hard-hitting Queen song or whatever - it's all about the song :)

Ah, like your last comments - so you liked it in general - thank you! :)
    Vibrato - thanks again (luckily a natural thing unlike the rest of my playing which has required a lot of work lol)! :)

• DLMDLM Frets: 2513

Thanks for the heads up Tigger. There are much better sets of ears in this thread than mine, and I've only listened to You Shook Me once on really shitty speakers so far, so I'll not go picking it apart.

After seeing the pictures of your band, I was actually pleasantly surprised. But even that compliment can be taken two ways, I mean, I saw those music stands...

To be honest, this isn't really what I'd like to hear from you. There are millions of bands like this. Loads better than you, loads worse. You don't live in the back of beyond where there's only one band to join, and you don't need to make a living from music and consequently have to play commercial stuff. I want you to tear my face off and play something your heart is behind! Where's the grit? Channel that Tigger energy into something AWESOME, rather than let it scrap up the groove on an AC/DC tune we've all played hundreds of times and don't need to hear again. (Even though I love the tune.)

I'd say the demo was fine for its intended purpose. You'll get those gigs. But it's not great music.

</BigBlackMomma>[1]

FWIW, I liked the first singer's voice better than the second on this tune, and the harmony on the chorus came off quite nicely in places. You should get the girls to check out Shania's version of this (and the guys too, but for a different reason[*"Clay"more mine*]).

[1] How I miss the joke accounts! 

• thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4437
    edited November 2015
    @DLM lol no probs!

Will check out that version! And thanks for listening!

If you want your face teared off, wait until my album release.... I may be getting my new singer (who is amazing) to sing on one track. The guitars are from Pluto man, you'll love it lol. I don't plan to gig much of that stuff, though (links in my sig, if interested) - unfortunately I tone down the shred a little on the album. 
    TBH I'm veering away from shred (not that that was ever my main thing) and more into playing for the song (what have I turned into lol)

Torn, Tigger, torn, not "teared". I'm not in the process of schooling you on the blues vernacular. And you misunderstand me, I'm not talking about shred. Just something altogether more AWESOME than tired old covers. Right-on-the-money tribute band, interesting-angle covers band, toilet-circuit metal originals, heart-felt acoustic balladeering, I don't care, I just wanna hear you do something that sounds like you. There's all that bouncy energy in there, and this ain't the right outlet. Sure, play for the song, but make it the right one.
  • "toilet-circuit" !? 
    To be fair we have 54 songs (currently only doing 46) and I've a backlog of about 45 of my own and another ~25 covers (jesus, that's a lot now I think about it!) - maybe you're thinking about ones like "Turning Japanese" lol. I have some acoustic ones that'd make you shed a tear, I'm sure... :D 
    --> I'm going to try and play more "me" songs with this new singer (in fact we plan on writing our own).

Thanks for taking the time and listen to comment  - I appreciate it ! :)

Nah, man, quality, not quantity! Don't get me wrong, huge repertoires are impressive. But I'm talking about you doing something that fulfills your potential to be AWESOME, which frankly, most pub cover bands aren't..

As for the toilet circuit, well: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toilet_circuit

That was actually a jab at myself. I'd consider what I'm doing "toilet circuit metal originals", though obviously, the toilets here are a bit different!  http://asecular.com/~scott/misc/toilet.htm @holnrew

• @DLM those German toilets are mental lol... 
  • Two videos I made to accompany our demo. Just a picture reel, nothing fancy!