I haz tickets to see a grumpy old man...

What's Hot
EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16297
... only UK date for Rainbow next June in Birmingham. Well, technically my brother in law has them as he's the fan and I'm the seat warmer. I saw Ritchie with Purple there thirty years ago so hopefully he's learned the songs properly in the meantime.
Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• CeeBeeCeeBee Frets: 39
    edited November 2015
    Thanks for that, didn't see the announcement, tickets booked. Let's hope Ritchie's in a good mood.....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28339
    Wow, who's in the band?

Too bad it's not Ronnie, my fave Rainbow singer by a long shot :(
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Seems unlikely to be Ronnie. An as yet unannounced new singer who is brilliant or some such.
  • CeeBee;843224" said:
    Thanks for that, didn't see the announcement, tickets booked.

Let's hope Ritchie's in a good mood.....
    My b in law was booking them at 10am when they went on sale, we are 15 rows from the front I think.
    Yes, given the cost and rarity of the event if he plays like an arse I won't be a happy bunny. Gillan fronting Purple last year was atrocious although the band were good.
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6391
    I was convinced this thread was going to be about Van Morrison ! ;)
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • Jalapeno;843325" said:
    I was convinced this thread was going to be about Van Morrison ! ;)
    I did see him once and he didn't play any of his own songs, that's a kind of grumpy.

• Rowby1Rowby1 Frets: 1279
    Don't need a ticket to look in the mirror :)
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3590
    I thought Rick Wakeman was the G O M.
  • would be great if he could get the Paice/Glover rhythm section together. wonder what Rick W would be like in the keys dept?
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33799
    edited November 2015
    axisus said:
    Wow, who's in the band?

Too bad it's not Ronnie, my fave Rainbow singer by a long shot :(
    Hasn't been announced yet- was supposed to be at 9am, but Ritchie being Ritchie.
    He apparently has some new unknown singer who nails all the material.
  • Isn't he some kind of medieval wizard now? Maybe he could bring RJD back from the dead?

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • robwright said:
    Isn't he some kind of medieval wizard now? Maybe he could bring RJD back from the dead?
    If that were possible, can Jon Lord come back too?
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • We went to the Jon Lord tribute at RAH and Rick Wakeman was dreadful.  In fact, the whole gig was a disappointment.
  • vizviz Frets: 10699
    Bother. It's sold out. Gutted.
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    edited November 2015
    There's a ticket on ebay going for 3x the face price with 11 bids on it, this is a gig in June next year, 8 days after it went on sale. Wow. You are a lucky chap Mr. The Weary. If you fall out with your brother in law, please let me know.
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • viz said:
    There's a ticket on ebay going for 3x the face price with 11 bids on it, this is a gig in June next year, 8 days after it went on sale. Wow. You are a lucky chap Mr. The Weary. If you fall out with your brother in law, please let me know.
    he came to see my band a couple of months ago and walked out after about two songs so I'm not too impressed with him at the moment!  :(  He's always liked rock and prog rock but when he was younger he never went to any gigs so he's trying to catch up with some of the bands he missed. Hence Purple,now Rainbow and he's been to a few things , like ELP, by himself so I don't suppose he'd mind too much to have a stranger next to him and £500 in his pocket ! 
    Lol! Why did he walk out?! Actually there are some tix on ticketmaster for 199 plus 60 quid booking fee. I entered my credit card details but thought better of it. Maybe I'm wrong - I've seen 3 out of my 4, Steve Vai, Greg Howe and Al di Meola being the others, and it would be amazing to see Ritchie too, but 500 quid for my wife and me? It's just too much.
  • Oh, he came with my wife and sister, decided it wasn't the kind of music he liked and went for a walk. We were only playing a 45 minute set so you think he might have persevered. I guess if you used terms like Autistic Scale he'd be over to one end. Very clever, determined man but not very sensitive. My sister used to date some fairly hell raising types and then married a nerd. His latest thing is walking up Kilimanjaro which he is prepping for. He went from never having looked under the bonnet of a car to building a kit car in little over a year so he does what he says. However, I know more twaddle about bands than him...
  • I'd have thought Don Airey would have been the obvious choice for keys.
  • not_the_dj;850732" said:
    I'd have thought Don Airey would have been the obvious choice for keys.
    But Don plays with Purple so that seems unlikely.