I haz tickets to see a grumpy old man...

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• not_the_dj;850732" said:
    I'd have thought Don Airey would have been the obvious choice for keys.
    But Don plays with Purple so that seems unlikely.

Bill Bailey it is then.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • not_the_dj;850784" said:
    EricTheWeary said:

not_the_dj;850732" said:I'd have thought Don Airey would have been the obvious choice for keys. But Don plays with Purple so that seems unlikely.

Bill Bailey it is then.
    HaHa, that would be great! I suspect we will get competent but anonymous German youths that Ritchie can boss around.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  •  I suspect we will get competent but anonymous German youths that Ritchie can boss around.
    I do get the impression that this is very much "THE RITCHIE BLACKMORE SHOW"...so I wouldn't be surprised if there was a lack of big names in the line-up or guest spots.

Still it would be nice to see some old bandmates playing those songs again rather then Richie's tribute show to himself.

• http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ritchie-blackmore-reveals-touring-lineup-for-rock-shows/

Blackmore will be joined by LORDS OF BLACK singer Ronnie RomeroSTRATOVARIUS keyboardist Jens JohanssonBLACKMORE'S NIGHT drummer David Keith and bassist Bob Nouveau.

Blackmore recently told Billboard.com about his plans to revisit RAINBOW and DEEP PURPLE classics: "I'm now 70, so I just felt like playing some rock 'n' roll for a few days. We're going to do four or five dates" — most likely in England, Germany and Sweden — "of just playing the old rock stuff, PURPLE stuff and RAINBOW. I'm doing it for the fans, for nostalgia, and the singer I found is very exciting; he's a cross between [Ronnie JamesDio meets Freddie Mercury. So this will mean exposing a new singer to the masses, and I'm sure he'll become pretty famous because of his voice."

Blackmore plans to film and record the performances for future release.

• vizviz Frets: 10699
    Oh, he decided it wasn't the kind of music he liked and went for a walk. His latest thing is walking up Kilimanjaro which he is prepping for.

Ah, that was probably it. :)
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • viz;850946" said:
    EricTheWeary said:

Oh, he decided it wasn't the kind of music he liked and went for a walk. His latest thing is walking up Kilimanjaro which he is prepping for.

Ah, that was probably it.

:)
    HaHa, I hadn't put those two together before. He has a massive spider phobia so I'm not sure how he will cope with exotic climes.
  • not_the_dj;850909" said:
    http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ritchie-blackmore-reveals-touring-lineup-for-rock-shows/

Blackmore will be joined by LORDS OF BLACK singer Ronnie Romero, STRATOVARIUS keyboardist Jens Johansson, BLACKMORE'S NIGHT drummer David Keith and bassist Bob Nouveau.Blackmore recently told Billboard.com about his plans to revisit RAINBOW and DEEP PURPLE classics: "I'm now 70, so I just felt like playing some rock 'n' roll for a few days. We're going to do four or five dates" — most likely in England, Germany and Sweden — "of just playing the old rock stuff, PURPLE stuff and RAINBOW. I'm doing it for the fans, for nostalgia, and the singer I found is very exciting; he's a cross between [Ronnie James] Dio meets Freddie Mercury. So this will mean exposing a new singer to the masses, and I'm sure he'll become pretty famous because of his voice."Blackmore plans to film and record the performances for future release.
    I've a feeling that keyboard player used to work with Malmsteen? Beyond that I don't know any of em.