ACS pro earplugs - Filters

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• pmgpmg Frets: 298
    Funnily enough I had my impressions retaken at the weekend as they were 5 years old. While I was there I had a hearing test (they're free, I recommend it) and was told I have "exceptional hearing". The point of this is not to show off, rather the priceless nature of protecting your hearing
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • pmgpmg Frets: 298
    Also, the current pro 27 filters (which I'll be moving to) provide up to 35db cut in higher frequencies and a flatter 25db cut across all others. I'll report back once they arrive
  • GazLionGazLion Frets: 104
    Well I've decided to stick with 17's for now. I don't have any issues with them at band practice as I am closer to the amp. At our next gig, I'm going to spend more time on our on stage monitoring, and mic my amp up so I can get some of it coming through the fold backs, as I'm usually much further away from my guitar amp when gigging. 

Also, I generally have very waxy ears, and I often think it is the wax causing the plugs to clog up a bit and not make them as effective as they should be. I'll make a point to use ear drops once a week from now on, to try combat this. 
  • prh777prh777 Frets: 143
    Anyone used the pro26?  Our drummer is on the old pro 25s and thinks they work very well across all volume levels.  We play rock and metal rather than blues etc.  So I'n not certain which set to get (same as everyone else)

I also noticed that ACS will allow a swap of the filters within 30 days if the attenuation level is wrong.  
  • hywelghywelg Frets: 4303
    I've had the Pro versions (older type with 9,15 and 25's available) I went with 25's first off and found them way too much. I swapped to 9's and they are fine. They do cut out a lot and I've never had that thumpy head/ringing ears after a gig. I have tinnitus so am careful but it doesnt get any worse with time or exposure and I think mine was brought on by an ear infection.

• thomasw88thomasw88 Frets: 2328
    I had 17s. Couldn't hear anything. Use 10s now and they're much better. Still don't like them but my ears don't ring after a gig.
  • pickergpickerg Frets: 30
    edited November 2015
    If we struggle to hear the guitar, does that mean you also struggle to hear the rest of the band? 
    Because I thought the frequency response of the 17s was flat. 
    You'd think but I tried them in again last night and all I could hear with them in was bass and drums.  Don't know if it's to do with the sounds bouncing around or the wavelengths of the lower frequencies or something but with two in my guitar seems totally lost.  I play with one in - the side that is facing the rest of the band.  Not ideal so I think I'll definitely need to give 15s or even 10s a go.

@hywelg I feel for you, I also have tinnitus which seemed to be brought on by an ear infection.  The last time I went to the doctors and said that he just dismissed it once he knew I was a musician and gave me a few generic leaflets that I could have printed off myself from t'internet.