Any Motörbike riders here?

What's Hot

Comments

• robinbowesrobinbowes Frets: 3069
    I grew up around BSAs. My Dad had a C10, an A7, a couple of Bantams (D1 & D7), and a ZB32 Gold Star. Since retiring, he started collecting & restoring Gold Stars, and used to race one.

Whilst the new machine is clearly a modern bike, I think it captures the spirit of the original quite well.

Photos never hurt. The new BSA Gold Star:

An original BSA Gold Star (modified DBD34, I believe):

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4215
    It certainly looks the part @robinbowes, though they're going to have their work cut out taking sales away from Triumph and RE at that price. What's with those enormous headers too, the diameter looks ridiculous! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • gavin_axecastergavin_axecaster Frets: 527
    tFB Trader
    The headers are big (must be 60mm+) but there's definitely some weird lens effect distortion in that pic (on the front of the bike at least).
  • AK99AK99 Frets: 1641
    Yes, looks likes they've done a good job on that Goldie. The Interceptor looks great too @danban - esp in that subdued colour scheme, really suits it. I could easily picture blatting both round town and through the countryside on one of those.
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 19302
    If the £10,000 pricing is correct, then given current Enfield & Triumph offerings, it's going to be a very hard sell in the UK & I love Beeza's.
    You can get 'proper' Gold Star's for around that figure...
    https://www.carandclassic.com/cat/15/551/gold+star+dbd34/
  • danbandanban Frets: 343
    edited July 2022
    If the £10,000 pricing is correct, then given current Enfield & Triumph offerings, it's going to be a very hard sell in the UK & I love Beeza's.
    You can get 'proper' Gold Star's for around that figure...
    https://www.carandclassic.com/cat/15/551/gold+star+dbd34/
    Here’s the interview with the boss of the revived BSA company where he says around £10,000:

https://youtu.be/KkLQN0RXV-o
    ^ Thanks for that :+1:  an interesting watch. 
    I thought it sounded a little bit asthmatic  ;)
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12485
    It certainly looks the part @robinbowes, though they're going to have their work cut out taking sales away from Triumph and RE at that price. What's with those enormous headers too, the diameter looks ridiculous! 
    If you zoom in they’re actually heat shields fitted around the front end of the pipes. Probably some health and safety requirement nonsense.  

Nice looking bike apart from that. £10k though? Hmmmm, bit steep. 
  • danbandanban Frets: 343
    edited July 2022
    Update! Official prices have been announced for the BSA, nowhere near as steep as previously mentioned.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • robinbowesrobinbowes Frets: 3069
    Those were the figures I'd heard mentioned previously.
    Better news  ;)
  • roundthebendroundthebend Frets: 1145
    My Triumph T120 passed its MOT this morning. I'm not surprised, it's hardly been used since last year's. I love it though, just don't make enough time to ride. I'm doing BikeSafe theory on Sunday, then the assessment in 3 weeks' time. Later in August I'm doing a Rider Confidence day with Bennetts.

I need to hook up with my riding buddies more and go for camping trips. I enjoy the social riding and not the thrashing it down the road type of thing.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4215
    boogieman said:
    If you zoom in they’re actually heat shields fitted around the front end of the pipes. Probably some health and safety requirement nonsense.  

Nice looking bike apart from that. £10k though? Hmmmm, bit steep. 
    I'm not talking about the lower shields, the entire header from the cylinders look huge to me!

I did wonder if they'd gone over-sized to allow for an in-built cat to meet EU5 regs without needing a complex and bulky X-pipe system like the LC Triumphs, but I guess we'll find out when they hit the streets and people can begin tinkering with them. :)
  • roundthebendroundthebend Frets: 1145

I needed to work up a breeze in this humidity, plus let off some steam. Found a lovely spot with a sunset overa a farm field. Photo didn't come out so good because of the silhouette, so I took one from this angle.

Bike passed its MOT this morning. No surprise at 4 years of age.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    The diameter (at least of the top) of the headers doesn't look quite as bad in the video posted above. Blurry screen grab below. Seems to be a 2 into one system with a join part way down the front pipe:

Maybe the first image has been photoshopped to tidy it up a bit, as you certainly cant see where the two headers join like you can above.
  • gubblegubble Frets: 1767
    edited July 2022
    Thought I'd throw a pic of my bike into the thread.

2022 Royal Enfield 350 Classic. Just had it's 300 mile service. Having previously had sportsbikes i'm not missing the power and just enjoying riding a lovely motorcycle

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CorvusCorvus Frets: 2972
    tFB Trader
    I was without a bike for 2 yrs which is a shit situation best avoided, rectified recently -

1340 Evo. Excuse the elephant's fiveskin seat cover, it's a temp one while I've been reshaping the seat in stages for fit.
    It's an absolute splatfest on there from recent rides, needs cleaning but just keep riding.

Also re the Goldie & BSA stuff, here's an old pic of my A7SS with 60s Dunstall kit and ARE parts. The Goldie cans were glorious. Brakes were terrible, as were clutches, didn't live long. Had some brilliant rides on it, used it daily.

And @hollywoodrox pics, great stuff, love older bike pics especially with people. Reminds me of the AWOL era, I loved that mag and the bikes.
    My chop, got as a non-running heap for very little money, sorted & painted out back of the house. When my other half went away I got it into the lounge it stayed there 2-3 weeks being worked on, was a novelty footrest, got fully rewired by Tea-Drinking Steve who appeared to survive on nothing but industrial amounts of PG Tips.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • gavin_axecastergavin_axecaster Frets: 527
    tFB Trader
    AK99 said:
    The diameter (at least of the top) of the headers doesn't look quite as bad in the video posted above. Blurry screen grab below. Seems to be a 2 into one system with a join part way down the front pipe:

Maybe the first image has been photoshopped to tidy it up a bit, as you certainly cant see where the two headers join like you can above.

It's a single so only one header. The screengrab looks like a heat shield on the lower part of the downpipe. The distorted official pic earlier in the thread looks like the heat shield is extended further up the pipe.
  • hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4269
    Corvus said:
    I was without a bike for 2 yrs which is a shit situation best avoided, rectified recently -

1340 Evo. Excuse the elephant's fiveskin seat cover, it's a temp one while I've been reshaping the seat in stages for fit.
    It's an absolute splatfest on there from recent rides, needs cleaning but just keep riding.

Also re the Goldie & BSA stuff, here's an old pic of my A7SS with 60s Dunstall kit and ARE parts. The Goldie cans were glorious. Brakes were terrible, as were clutches, didn't live long. Had some brilliant rides on it, used it daily.

And @hollywoodrox pics, great stuff, love older bike pics especially with people. Reminds me of the AWOL era, I loved that mag and the bikes.
    My chop, got as a non-running heap for very little money, sorted & painted out back of the house. When my other half went away I got it into the lounge it stayed there 2-3 weeks being worked on, was a novelty footrest, got fully rewired by Tea-Drinking Steve who appeared to survive on nothing but industrial amounts of PG Tips.

Lovely gs chop 
    ^ D'oh (slaps head). It would have to be a single, of course :)

Jz, there's a proper USP - a 650cc thumper in this day and age!