Any Motörbike riders here?

What's Hot

Comments

• guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4215
    Here's another shot without the weird editing/morphing - the header looks much more normal here:

I must admit, I just assumed they'd go with a parallel twin! :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 19302
    ^ Yes but now the heatshield has gone.
    It's visible here https://www.visordown.com/news/new-bikes/bsa-gold-star-pricing-revealed-set-launch-mid-august
    I wondered if they'd gone for a dual skinned pipe which looked thicker, or maybe it's just different pre-release bikes? 
  • gavin_axecastergavin_axecaster Frets: 527
    tFB Trader
    Back from another 90 minute ride and it's official - me bum starts crying after an hour!
    I think I'll be sending the solo seat off for a gel insert. Might splash a bit and get a fancy custom cover too.
  • AK99AK99 Frets: 1641
    ^ Yes but now the heatshield has gone.
    It's visible here https://www.visordown.com/news/new-bikes/bsa-gold-star-pricing-revealed-set-launch-mid-august
    I wondered if they'd gone for a dual skinned pipe which looked thicker, or maybe it's just different pre-release bikes? 
    I don't think it has gone. Looks to me like one of those 1/2 pipe wraparound covers similar to the chrome ones clipped on as part heat-shield/part make the pipe look meatier addition on Harleys. If you look closely on that pic., there's an edge line visible down the top 1/3rd of the primary/header pipe, and another step where it finishes just below the brake pedal.

I suspect it'll allow them to use cheaper chrome underneath, and not worry about blueing (or indeed - burnt right legs :)
  • gavin_axecastergavin_axecaster Frets: 527
    tFB Trader
    80+ miles today - the most I've ridden in one day in 20 years!
    Unfortunately it was all on the A12 and M11, so bloody boring!
  • roundthebendroundthebend Frets: 1145
    I'm doing BikeSafe theory today at Bedford Police HQ. I'm told this is a great course. I'll report back. The observed ride session is in 3 weeks time.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • sinbaadisinbaadi Frets: 1327
    Anybody have anything for sale at the moment?  Just moved to a house with a garage again so on one hand I have empty pockets, but on the other, the garage has an empty parking space.

Suggestions on any deals or used bike bargains would be just welcome too.
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31881
    edited July 2022
    sinbaadi said:
    Anybody have anything for sale at the moment?  Just moved to a house with a garage again so on one hand I have empty pockets, but on the other, the garage has an empty parking space.

@sinbaadi
     How about a 2008 GSX650F with 7,500 miles on it? Good nick, new tyres and a few extras and huge fun for the price.
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15769
    Got a question about secure bike storage. I don't have a garage, and living mid terrace there's no realistic way to get a bike round the back. I do have a drive, are there ways to secure the bike outdoors or am I basically kidding myself and should resign myself to either not getting a bike or buying a house with a garage?

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 19302
    edited July 2022
    VimFuego said:
    Got a question about secure bike storage. I don't have a garage, and living mid terrace there's no realistic way to get a bike round the back. I do have a drive, are there ways to secure the bike outdoors or am I basically kidding myself and should resign myself to either not getting a bike or buying a house with a garage?
    Even if you had a garage they are only a bit more secure. If someone is going to nick your bike, they will do. Years ago I had my house burgled & they nicked my bike from the covered yard too... we were asleep upstairs at the time!
     One of my mates had his garage door destroyed when they came for his bike & another one was followed over a few days before his Harley went AWOL...
    Possibly consider a ride in metal bike storage shelter or shed.
    Definitely get a ground anchor fitted & use good 'sold secure' chains/shackles. Just make it as undesirable a target as possible & live with it. 
    Don't forget to enjoy yourself riding

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33902
    edited July 2022
    Get an Almax chain and a ground anchor.
    I had my BMW S1000R locked up with one when thieves did my street in London.
    They stole 3 bikes but didn't bother with mine as it would have taken longer.

If they really want it then they will steal it but if you make it a bit more difficult then you may well find they don't bother with yours.
    hmmm, I was thinking about getting one of them metal storage sheds for out front anyways (fed up of taking my push bike through the house), will look into ground anchors. Thanks.

• roundthebendroundthebend Frets: 1145
    A pair of ground anchors and two mega chains that you can leave at home for that purpose only. There's also those folding tent like covers to keep the elements off. Also, try to keep chains and padlocks off the floor where they can be struck.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • jaytmonjaytmon Frets: 168
    Also consider a GPS tracker, even the non subscription ones can be good apparently. Wireless cctv could be a deterrent….an aggressive Rottweiler or two?
  • jaytmonjaytmon Frets: 168
    sinbaadi said:

I have a 2020 BMW R1250RS that I’m probably going to move on…recently serviced, nearly new tyres, panniers, just over 5k miles…
    jaytmon said:
    Also consider a GPS tracker, even the non subscription ones can be good apparently. Wireless cctv could be a deterrent….an aggressive Rottweiler or two?
    hmmm, not saying it's a bad idea, but how do you get them into the leathers?

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sinbaadisinbaadi Frets: 1327
    jaytmon said:
    sinbaadi said:

I have a 2020 BMW R1250RS that I’m probably going to move on…recently serviced, nearly new tyres, panniers, just over 5k miles…
    Way out of my acceptable spending range unfortunately.  I do like BMWs, though.  My employer is one of the BMW "Suppliers" and whilst the car deals that go with that aren't great, some of the new bike PCP deals are very tempting.
  • PwaloPwalo Frets: 113
    gubble said:
    Thought I'd throw a pic of my bike into the thread.

2022 Royal Enfield 350 Classic. Just had it's 300 mile service. Having previously had sportsbikes i'm not missing the power and just enjoying riding a lovely motorcycle

• PwaloPwalo Frets: 113
    edited July 2022
    Pwalo said:
    gubble said:
    Thought I'd throw a pic of my bike into the thread.

2022 Royal Enfield 350 Classic. Just had it's 300 mile service. Having previously had sportsbikes i'm not missing the power and just enjoying riding a lovely motorcycle

3rd time lucky!

I went for the 500 after test riding the 350.. The extra torque needed to lug my carcass around....

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    /\ /\ now, aesthetically those Royal Enfields are right up my alley. I know less than nothing about bikes, brands, types but I do know that if I get a bike, I want something like those (anything other than a Harley really).