win 10 updates!

What's Hot
Anyone else had the BIG Win 10 update since upgrading from Win 7/8! I got a notice last night saying updates available install now or later, I clicked install now. It went through the whole upgrade thing when I upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10, it took 1 1/2 hours. if you get the option to install at a later time choose that. 1 1/2 friggin hours it took. The name/number of the update is 1511. Is this their "service pack 1" !
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• lloydlloyd Frets: 5774
    How do I claim my 10 updates?

Manchester based original indie band Random White:

https://www.facebook.com/RandomWhite

https://twitter.com/randomwhite1

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27604
    Update 1511 is huge.

c1,800 separate files and >300 Mb.

Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • hotpothotpot Frets: 846
    edited November 2015
    I was in the settings section & noticed "failed updates" try again. I have  my PC switched to automatic update.
    A mates just emailed me saying his took over two hours to update FFS.

it's on Microsofts support page "cumulative updates", It only came out yesterday, It says if you need language packs it will take even longer
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    where is the link to enter to win??
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
  • MegiiMegii Frets: 1670
    Took me a few hours earlier today - and then I found that my settings had been altered to use the MS Edge browser to open pdfs. Reset things so that Adobe Acrobat Reader is the default for that, with no trouble, but a bit annoying, and I'm wondering what else might have been changed.
    Megii said:
    Took me a few hours earlier today - and then I found that my settings had been altered to use the MS Edge browser to open pdfs. Reset things so that Adobe Acrobat Reader is the default for that, with no trouble, but a bit annoying, and I'm wondering what else might have been changed.
    Apparently if you run a parallel receipt printer, they will not work with this update. That's what my mate told me & he's had to roll back.
    I've noticed that there's a couple of annoying problems since that upgrade, the keyboard keeps reverting back to US ENG instead of UK ENG! & the screen resolution keeps changing to a different size!, both have to be reset every time I switch on.
    :-L
    I switched my Win 10 PC on the other day as I'd not used it for a month or two, It downloaded the anniversary/cumulative update (or whatever they call it) & installed it.

I noticed in the apps & features setting MS has installed a couple of games I certainly didn't install taking up over 200MB of space but the real PITA is you cant just delete them, you have to go into other systems settings to uninstall them. :p
  • RichardjRichardj Frets: 1538
    edited November 2016
    Weirdly we have just changed our internet router and I can no longer print wirelessly from my laptop. I suspect that the latest Win 10 update might not be helping as all the other devices (iPad etc.) are fine.
  • SkippedSkipped Frets: 2371
    hotpot said:

I noticed in the apps & features setting MS has installed a couple of games I certainly didn't install taking up over 200MB of space but the real PITA is you cant just delete them, you have to go into other systems settings to uninstall them. :p
    If it helps......the free version of Ccleaner is very good.
    The uninstall section lists all of the W10 apps so it is probably quicker than whatever you did.

Skipped said:
    hotpot said:

If it helps......the free version of Ccleaner is very good.
    The uninstall section lists all of the W10 apps so it is probably quicker than whatever you did.
    I did that but the next time I switched it on they were back!
  • SkippedSkipped Frets: 2371
    hotpot said:
    Oh..... :s

Skipped said:
    hotpot said:
    I came across a youtube vid on how to uninstall it, I will try it the next time I'm on my Win 10 PC.  

• crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11452
    Skipped said:
    hotpot said:
    Linux is looking more and more appealing all the time.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchman said:
    Skipped said:
    hotpot said:
    Linux is looking more and more appealing all the time.

But then you remember that there is a huge amount of software missing in Linux, including Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, Cinema4d, Visual Studio, and those are just what I got off the top of my head. 
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11452
    @olafgarten - the only one of those that you listed that I'd use is MS Office.  Office is already missing from one of my machines as it wrongly says I don't have a license for it.  I'm not sure whether to just uninstall it and put Libre Office on it, or call MS support - which took about 40 minutes last time I had to call them about a licensing issue.

Either way open source stuff is getting more appealing all the time.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom