Audio interface replacement for digi002

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• There's a whole world of choice in the monitor world. The JBL LSR305 monitors have had a lot of positive comments, Presonus Eris get some good words. In a wealthier world I'd love either Neumann KH120's or Eve Audio SC207's but we're talking £800 upwards. I'll settle for some Focal Alpha 50's or 65's at half the price. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • wave100wave100 Frets: 150
    I've got a Crimson and Focal Alpha 65s - sounds awesome. The only downside with the Crimson is that although it does have 4 analogue ins and outs it's a hassle to set up for use as a hardware insert, if there is a possibility that you would need to do this. On the plus side I really like the fact that there's no software mixer for it - all the monitor controls are on the front.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew's been very complimentary about the Alpha 65's. As much as I'd love the Eve or Neumanns, I think the 65's are the way forward for me. 

• domforrdomforr Frets: 326
    Apologies for resurecting an ancient thread, but I have a related question. I bought the Audient ID14 and some Equator D5's. The only slight issue I'm having is that I would like to play through my old stereo speakers when composing and use the D5's for mixing mainly. Is there some kind of box that I could use to switch between monitors rather than unplugging them every time? The stereo cables are unbalanced and the D5's are balanced cables.
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7771
    You could wire up such a box with two switches (cheap), get a monitor controller like the ART or Mackie big knob (pricey) or easier still, (and cheapest) use a stereo 1/4 to rca adaptor and send your headphone out to your regular hifi.
    There'd be no sound degredation using that?
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7771
    edited June 2016
    None you'd notice with a normal setup, the main difference AFAIK is impedance and some more gain. I've used headphone outs to A/B mixes on small speakers.
    Ok cheers, I'll give that a shot.