Lorry sandwich

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• A paramedic mate of mine maintains that "There are only two different types of biker: Those that have fallen off, and those that are going to fall off."
    A friend of mine worked in A&E after he qualified as a doctor. He tells me that the terms "motorcyclist" and "organ donor" were used pretty much interchangeably by the staff...
     Well, that must make me, and all the over-50's at the Moto Guzzi club, some sort of statistical oddity - every one of us still alive! Unless, of course, there's some other explanation...? :-/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Van_HaydenVan_Hayden Frets: 437
    If my mates Guzzi is anything to go by the reason your all arrive is you spend most of the time mending it.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26637
     Well, that must make me, and all the over-50's at the Moto Guzzi club, some sort of statistical oddity - every one of us still alive! Unless, of course, there's some other explanation...? :-/
    You're all statistical outliers. Or, alternatively, you're statistical certainties waiting to happen. Time will tell :D
    <space for hire>
  • siremoonsiremoon Frets: 1524
    I'm the exception that proves the rule.  I have just given up biking after 36 years and in that time I have ridden hundreds of thousands of miles mainly in London and the South East.  I've never had a ticket and I've never had an accident.

I did however have hundreds and hundreds of close shaves (some very close), a few my fault but mostly not.  The truth is that bad driving/riding is not confined to one type of vehicle.  I've seen idiots riding push bikes and motor bikes, idiots driving cars, vans, lorries, taxis and buses.  It was a rare day if at least one person didn't do something terminally stupid and/or aggressive which placed me at risk.  Through a combination of luck and judgement I managed to avoid everything everytime.  I wince when I see the situations which other bikers manage to get themselves into because they are incapable of assessing and reacting to the risks around them.  More than once I've seen a biker do something and thought that's going to get you into trouble at some point only to find them on the ground further up the road.

I have now hung up my helmet (stop sniggering at the back) having proved it is possible to ride fast bikes for donkey's years and not get hurt.   Unfortunately relatively few manage to do the same.
    “He is like a man with a fork in a world of soup.” - Noel Gallagher
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • vizviz Frets: 10700

Well every rule has an exception.

(except that one)

Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  •  Well, that must make me, and all the over-50's at the Moto Guzzi club, some sort of statistical oddity - every one of us still alive! Unless, of course, there's some other explanation...? :-/
    You're all statistical outliers. Or, alternatively, you're statistical certainties waiting to happen. Time will tell :D
    We're all "statistical certainties"...

In the words of Mickey Jupp: "nobody gets out of life, alive"
  • bertie said:

Sorry responsible bikers, but I see far far more irresponsible ones than good' uns 

Fucking wasters the lot of em
    And in a spirit of musicianly brotherhood: up yours, too!  :-*