Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Having a bath for the first time in years

What's Hot
So Mrs.Decker decided that we had far too much money laying around the house and that it was high time we had the shower room re-fitted (note for clarity: our shower is in a seperate room to the bath). So as I speak/type there are builders in the house 'doing' the shower, they'll be here for 7 days. This means I now have to wash myself by having a bath. Am alone in thinking that baths are rubbish? They take too long, you get too hot, all the bits of poo that you've washed from your arse float about in the water, etc etc. Its rubbish. Maybe I'll just have a week of stand up washes in the sink using baby wipes and stuff. anyway, thats all really.

Ed Conway & The Unlawful Men - Alt Prog Folk: The FaceBook and The SoundCloud

'Rope Or A Ladder', 'Don't Sing Love Songs', and 'Poke The Frog'  albums available now - see FaceBook page for details

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I like a luxurious soak in the bath. As I wipe my bum after a #2, there isn't usually any detritus in the crack
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Col_DeckerCol_Decker Frets: 2188
    edited November 2013
    Not even a little bit of cling-on tangled up in the hairs? Blimey you're posh!!!!

'Rope Or A Ladder', 'Don't Sing Love Songs', and 'Poke The Frog'  albums available now - see FaceBook page for details

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13569
    Not even a little bit of cling-on tangled up in the hairs? Blimey you're posh!!!!
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Get yourself some little rubber ducks that light up, a squeezy whale toy that shoots water, and a bottle of Matey bubble bath, you'll love it.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    ^^^ my wife buys these and thinks I use them. What she doesn't know is that I only use them to wipe piss off the bathroom floor, they're great for that.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Actually the man-cub does have a little bath time battle ship that I could play with.

• Baths are shit. Ours is only about 4'6 so only 2/3rds of me can get wet and thus warm at a time. What's the point of that? 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • Baths are shit. Ours is only about 4'6 so only 2/3rds of me can get wet and thus warm at a time. What's the point of that? 
    I'm surprised you worry about keeping warm, living where you do
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
  • Not even a little bit of cling-on tangled up in the hairs? Blimey you're posh!!!!
    Tiny bit of bog roll perhaps, but not very often
    I'm surprised you worry about keeping warm, living where you do
    It's down to 26 in the day now. Fecking FREEZING! I might have to turn the air con off!!
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    I hate baths too. Sit there gradually getting colder, but not wanting to leave because the water is still warmer than the air, until eventually you drag yourself out, not even sure if you're clean.

Not only that, but you can't wank without it sticking to you.
    My V key is broken
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3621
    Who wants to stand up whilst having a wash?

Bath every time for me with a nice bit of music in the background to sing along to....

"Kick out the jams motherfuckers!" 
  • They take too long, you get too hot, all the bits of poo that you've washed from your arse float about in the water, etc etc. 
    All issues that are really more related to user error.
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SkippedSkipped Frets: 2371
    I prefer a bath. If you are noticing a crust forming on the surface it is possible that you leaving it too long between your baths.
    But if someone invents a relaxing Radox Shower - I am definitely interested. (I don't need a shower to wake me up because er.....I am already awake)

• gilbygilby Frets: 176
    I love a good wallow but the living on the narrow boat, well, no bath there. Visiting my ma, again no bath there, she's got one of them "wet" rooms.
    So, whenever we have a weekend away some where it's the tub for me.
    Nice long relaxing wallow followed by a......shower. Always feel that I've been sitting in my own dirt afterwards.
    Is this/am I abnormal ?
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136
    edited November 2013
    I prefer a shower, but want to retain the bath option. It's a bit like having two guitars, and keeping one just in case. I don't suffer from the aforementioned Klingons, or bits of old bog roll stuck up my arse crack, because the moist wet wipes keeps that all clean.

If I'm honest, I'm not sure I prefer wanking whilst standing up, though. It's much easier laying down.

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72339
    I hate baths. As already said, lying in a slowly cooling pool of dirty soapy water with no easy means of rinsing it off does not appeal to me.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4038
    Baths are great.  Most of my good ideas come while I'm in the bath.

One of the real pleasures of this time of year is having a bath just before dusk arrives.  I enjoy the water and the warmth and feel my mind empty as the shadows crawl across the wall and it gets darker until I'm left in total darkness.  Then I light a candle and start to think.

So yeah, baths are wonderful.  Showers are better for getting clean though.
  • I packed in having Baths, the Asses Milk was becoming a burden on my purse strings.
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
  • hotpothotpot Frets: 846
    Never had a shower in over 10 years, I have a red hot soak in a bath daily though.....Heaven.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom