Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Just had a police letter through the door

What's Hot

Comments

• SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745

First rule of actually planning to kill someone - Don't publically announce that you're going to kill them.

This is true actually
    Backdoor Children Of The Sock
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7342
    it isn't a premium rate nos scam is it??
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!

• First rule of actually planning to kill someone - Don't publically announce that you're going to kill them.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/02/16/article-2560683-0011DFF700000258-976_634x424.jpg

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11603
    tFB Trader
    Word of advice - check the phone number in the letter to make sure it does indeed correlate with the police.
    If it comes up as something else , you'll want to avoid it.

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

• Yeah, I'd just call 101, not the number on the letter.
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7482
    Might your speculation online prejudice a case? 
    Red ones are better. 
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3054
    Did they find body parts in your drains again Mr Nilsen?....
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

• paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3054
    Come on! What's it all about?
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

• IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6840
    tFB Trader
    EricTheWeary;892882" said:
    Scam? We have heard there might be burglaries in your area this Xmas and if you are going to be away we could arrange for an officer to keep an eye on your property. Why yes I am away visiting relatives from boxing day, phew that's a weight off my mind...
    Spot the Home Alone fan! ;-)
    http://www.ivisonguitars.com
    (formerly miserneil)
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30929
    edited December 2015

I love "I'm gonna..." bullies. Nothing quite makes me dig in to a confrontation like "Yeah... Well I'm gonna...!".  Either do it or fuck off. 

Two idiots in Streatham told me they were gonna shoot me because somehow I'd "Disrespected them innit?" after they tried to cut me up with at some traffic lights with my youngest in the car and I sounded the horn.  Either they couldn't remember which pocket of their baggy fucking jeans they put the Glock in or they were banking on me clinging to my child in fear because when I got out and suggested we settle in now they sped of like a pair of cocks.  IME most of the toughest fuckers you ever meet don't go out of their way to cause hassle.  On the other hand dicks like that spend their life telling you what they're 'gonna' do!

First rule of actually planning to kill someone - Don't publically announce that you're going to kill them.

A few years back, when I had right of way, some hoodie types where desperately trying to force their way into a filter lane to barge me out. Good thinking- I'm in a Range Rover, they're in a Saxo, so I'm about 5 times their size. Alongside them on the left is another car tight to them (three into one). They pull up about an inch from my door.

As I continue not to let them into my lane as they're being dicks, and their car is an inch alongside mine, the driver winds the window down and says "If you don't let me in I'm gonna get out and blaze you man..."

To which I replied- "Precisely, how are you going to open your door?"

I concluded they were not criminal masterminds.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16113
    If you were wearing a Trilby you could have done your best Arthur Daley impression and calmly told him that you were sending your man Terence AKA MInder around to apologise on your behalf !
    The camel bookie coat would have helped the impression too !
  • miserneil said:
    EricTheWeary;892882" said:
    Scam? We have heard there might be burglaries in your area this Xmas and if you are going to be away we could arrange for an officer to keep an eye on your property. Why yes I am away visiting relatives from boxing day, phew that's a weight off my mind...
    Spot the Home Alone fan! ;-)
    I've never seen it! If that's in the film that's just coincidence.  :-O  We were contacted by Wiltshire police a couple of years ago but they knocked on the door with ID frightening the life out of Eric Jr. I called them back later and went through the police switchboard so it all seemed legit. Our next door neighbour was traveling to Wiltshire , stealing cars and selling them in the West Mids. They were interested to know what we had seen him driving. Yes, we had wondered how come an unemployed Polish immigrant was driving BMWs, a Lexus, a Range Rover...Anyway, he went to prison for a few years but we weren't called as witnesses. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2890
    I have rang the number but no answer, will try again later this afternoon :)
    Wow , just spoke to the police.

Nowt to do with Mr Hard Man Tupac/Local Gangster.

Work related from up to ten years ago. Mad one.
  • Sounds intriguing
    Old Is Gold
  • Probably from when he used to work for the notorious Trilby Security Van Robbery Gang I'm guessing. 

My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    Antique_Guitars;899287" said:
    Sounds intriguing
    Was a surprise for sure.
    randomhandclaps;899299" said:
    Probably from when he used to work for the notorious Trilby Security Van Robbery Gang I'm guessing. 
    Not me sir.....
  • Reading this thread, one question:

Why is everyone in the UK so angry?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom