Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Whatcha playing?

What's Hot

Comments

• Sporky said:
    I've finished Dishonoured 2 (VERY good), and started both The Witness and The Last Guardian. Both are excellent after about 2 hours each. 

Though The Witness is HARD. I've resorted to taking notes...
    It was The Witness that got me into dotgrid notepaper.
    That sounds like a wise investment. Im currently in the swamp bit and wishing I could invest in a better brain! But determined not to google answers. So far...
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28698
    There was only one puzzle I resorted to any help with, and all it took was one word (and then a lot of tries). It's a marvellous game.

I am currently mostly playing Sleeping Dogs definitive edition which was free with XBox Gold. Played it on PC originally and it's still quite decent - awful driving handling, but the emphasis on kung-fu is quite refreshing - not a lot of shooting in it. And it's manageable, even with all the collectables and side things.

Next I have Watchdogs 2 for the XBone and lots more Lego Dimensions. PC is Spintires and some other Steam sale acquisitions to work through.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • d8md8m Frets: 2434
    I've finished Dishonoured 2 (VERY good), and started both The Witness and The Last Guardian. Both are excellent after about 2 hours each. 

I finished The Last Guardian just before Christmas.
    The story is excellent, you are in for a treat!

• ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    edited December 2016
    Has anyone tried the Playstation VR? I'd be interested to hear any thoughts about it.
  • Santa brought me the new COD so I'm downloading an old one.  Logically. 
    PSN id : snakey33stoo
  • kids got me Halo 5 for xmas.  plodding my way through it but cant say its any great enhancement on any of the previous ones. Going to pick up Battlefield 1 tomorrow.  

• ennspek said:
    Has anyone tried the Playstation VR? I'd be interested to hear any thoughts about it.
    I don't have it (XBoxOne) but my mate bought it on first day it came out and we've played some.
    Overall feel is great, although most of the "games" were more of a demonstration then actual game. The device is attached to cables which you have to look out for, headset sits tight after some adjustment and is not too heavy but my head was getting hot, eyes tired etc. Probably something you can get used to, although it doesn't seem like I could play for hours in one go. 
    But it is amazing. I remember first VR sets in late 90's and they're were fun, but you knew you and a helmet and doom 1 want exactly that realistic.  This one you can really get into virtual world, fuck with your senses and brain and has the real thing feel. 
  • Doom is ace. 

Highly recommended for fans of the original game, or just FPS fans. A proper no nonsense romp. 
    After a few months not playing I have found myself back on R6 Siege. 

@BigBearKris thanks. Sounds like the hardware is good but content may be lacking. Early days though.
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7557
    I'm still working through Uncharted 4 and enjoying it.

Also Steep on PS4

On the kids' XBox One S I've dabbled in Forza Horizon 3 (looks awesome on 4K) and will have a go on COD:IW (single player, not online) 

We also just bought EA Access so I'm going to download Battlefield 4 at last (again, storyline not online)
    Red ones are better. 
    One more bargain game purchase for me today.
    Bioshock collection on PS4!

no more games for a while now :)

• d8m said:

I keep being tempted as I've never played any of them but hear good things.  Too many games on the go at the moment though - Skyrim (x2, one on PS4 and another build on PC), Final Fantasy XV and GTAV in progress with Ratchet and Clank, Bloodborne and a couple of the Batman games already bought/downloaded and waiting .
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7557
    RedRabbit said:
    d8m said:

I keep being tempted as I've never played any of them but hear good things.  Too many games on the go at the moment though - Skyrim (x2, one on PS4 and another build on PC), Final Fantasy XV and GTAV in progress with Ratchet and Clank, Bloodborne and a couple of the Batman games already bought/downloaded and waiting .
    I keep thinking I should play the Bioshocks. Only thing that has stopped me is that I have heard what "the big twist" in the original is - but there's doubtless plenty in the whole saga to entertain!

Red ones are better. 
    I liked the first one a lot. Very flexible in how you approached it with all the different powers. Bioshock 2 didn't do much for me, I never finished it. Infinite was clever, plot-wise, but I found the game dull.
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2911
    Telltale GoT. Loving it so far but telltale games are the only ones I really like any more! My favourite genre is platform but I don't think xbone has any good ones? Shoulda got a ps4 for the new crash bandicoot whenever that gets released!
    @TTBZ the rayman games are all fantastic platformers.
  • StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5844
    edited December 2016
    BTW all,  Over watch is amazing, like tfc but in some ways better 
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27230
    Just grabbed a 3DS today. "New" and "XL". It's great! Big sale in the eshop at the moment so have grabbed Mario Kart 7, Super Mario 3 (yay nostalgia!), Sonic 2 (double yay!) and Zelda: A Link to the Past, which I've never played because my sister had a SNES and I had a Mega Drive. 

What else is good? Mario 3D Land and the other Zeldas, obviously. Has anyone else played the new Pokemons?
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    Fantasy Life is absolutely excellent. Like Funskyrim.