Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Classic toys that you chucked

What's Hot
DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5554
edited December 2015 in Off Topic
When I was a wee boy, I inherited my big brother's toy cars/vehicles.
I had an original Dinky James Bond DB5 with ejector seat (I think there was a figurine who got ejected too), a Captain Scarlet SPV, and a Space 1999 Eagle.
Later on when Transformers first appeared I got a G1 Optimus Prime for Christmas.

They're all gone. What a waste!

What did you have/what have you got?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• strtdvstrtdv Frets: 2467
    I had an SPV too
    Also had an old Thunderbird 2, as well as an old Stingray and terror fish.
    Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE TASTE KITTENS!
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12426
    Too many, it pains me when I see what they are worth now, literally thousands of pounds worth of stuff from the 70s
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7815
    edited December 2015
    For a while most of my toys were 2nd hand donations, as the company my dad worked for slowly went bankrupt and left him unpaid for long periods of time.  The best donation was some cool starwars stuff!

I recal this:
    and this:

complete with frozen solo

I ended up with quite a bit of starwars stuff and sold it all to a collector shop for a bout £20 when I was 13. not sure why my parents let me do that.
  • Loads of Dinky stuff:
     UFO Interceptor (x2), SHADO Mobile, Eagle Transporter, Eagle Freighter, SPV and MSV from Captain Scarlet, Enterprise and Klingon D7 cruiser from Star Trek (never knew anyone else who had them) and most of their aeroplanes (Spitfire, Bf 109, Stuka, Zero, P-47D, Tornado, Phantom, HS 125, Boeing 737 and Sea King).
    My wife asked me to stop singing Wonderwall.
    I said maybe.....
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12426
    When I was about 3 in the late 50s my dad won a trip to the US as part of a trade competition. He came back with a remote control toy robot for me that moved and had guns that fired sparks. I used to keep it under the bed. It got totally wrecked when a mate and I were using the bed as a trampoline. :(
  • I had the original toy of the A Team van which I clearly remember taking down the tip as a young'un...
  • IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6841
    tFB Trader
    Mid 80's my mum bought me a complete set of Star Wars figures and a boxed AT-AT from a boot sale. Had to chuck most of them after I left they lying around, as kids do, and the dog chewed them all. Still have the AT-AT somewhere though.
    http://www.ivisonguitars.com
    (formerly miserneil)
  • FuzzdogFuzzdog Frets: 839
    I had loads of Star Wars stuff, and a big pile of original Transformers which made me nearly sob once when I saw how much they go for now.

I also had the Bond Aston with the ejector seat.  I vaguely recall painting it green.  Oops.
    -- Before you ask, no, I am in no way, shape or form related to Fuzzdog pedals, I was Fuzzdog before Fuzzdog were Fuzzdog.  Unless you want to give me free crap, then I'm related to whatever the hell you like! --
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6908
    I've still got some of the original Star Wars toys. An X wing fighter, the Millenium Falcon and one of DV's battle ships where the wings pop off.

And a couple of figures...

In tatty original boxes.

I wonder I they are/will become valuable?

I have zero interest in Star Wars having never seen anything but the first one they released when I was about 6. Might do some research on selling them actually.
    Previously known as stevebrum
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Not "chucked" exactly, but my cousin and I had every single Star Wars toy there was between us, and we sold them for a combined total of about £70 as teenagers.

I'm still swearing about that.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27230
    edited December 2015
    That most of these things were broken/eaten by dogs/thrown out is precisely why they're now valuable.

I have a load of Stardom stuff in my parents' loft though - worth plenty these days :)

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • Munich Subbuteto - fetch a fortune now
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    Sadly, all of them. They weren't worth anything back then, the collecting craze hadn't started.

• An original Mr Potatoes head. You had to supply your own Potatoes. No plastic body.
    Although I still have my step dads old original OO guage trainset from the 60s.
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24440
    I was rummaging around in the loft the other day and I came across the original copy of the bible....  Which was nice.

Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter
    I'm personally responsible for all global warming
  • Iamnobody said:
    I've still got some of the original Star Wars toys. An X wing fighter, the Millenium Falcon and one of DV's battle ships where the wings pop off.

And a couple of figures...

In tatty original boxes.

I wonder I they are/will become valuable?

I have zero interest in Star Wars having never seen anything but the first one they released when I was about 6. Might do some research on selling them actually.
    If you have boxes, then even if tatty, probably worth a reasonable amount now.
  • I remember my dad coming back from London and handing me the Bond Aston Martin in its box. Coolest car toy ever: ejector seat (with passenger), machine guns at the front, bullet-proof shield at the back. How could you not love it?

Was in Harrogate a couple of months ago, went to the Pump House Museum (cool place - worth a visit if you are the town). They had an exhibit of old toys including a table-top horse racing game made by Chad Valley, called 'Escalado', which I had never seen since my sister and I had it back in the 1960s. Anyone else own that one?
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3641
    They had an exhibit of old toys including a table-top horse racing game made by Chad Valley, called 'Escalado', which I had never seen since my sister and I had it back in the 1960s. Anyone else own that one?
    Yes I had Escalado.

Put the lead horses on the track and turn the handle like mad!
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3641
    Still have a lot of my old Dinky's/Corgis and the vast majority of my three boys old Star Wars stuff is still in the loft but not very valuable unless mint/boxed. They had every single piece.

Although we do have "Yak face" who is worth I think a couple of hundred quid unpackaged.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Just remembered that in the same exhibit  in the Harrogate museum they had 'Bayko', a Bakelite-based construction toy. We had that one, too. It's a bit disconcerting to see your childhood toys in a museum. I'm only in my 50s, for fecks's sake!